Holy shit, an honest ebay seller

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I recently won an auction for 34x 100yen coins. The auction ended for 19.10 plus shipping, which was set at $12, so I paid $31 shipped for the coins. A good deal all in all since even with the hurting JPY exchange rate they're worth $28 USD anyway.

Today I get a full refund an and a message from the seller. I assume she'll just say the item is "lost" and take them to the bank to get more than I ended up paying for them. Quite the opposite... she accidentally refunded my whole payment when trying to issue a partial refund claiming she over-charged me for shipping and it was only $6 instead of $12. So she asked for a payment of $25.10. I sent her $29 with a note that I didn't feel right paying less than the coins were worth.

A little of my faith in humanity was restored today.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
good to hear.

its nice when it works out.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Heh, looks like a little of my faith in humanity was restored today. :)

Let's hope one good apple can cure the whole damn bunch. :lolz:

skate323k137

10 Year Member
Heh, looks like a little of my faith in humanity was restored today. :)

Let's hope one good apple can cure the whole damn bunch. :lolz:

Hopefully a little of her faith was restored too. She had already shipped them out and then accidentally refunded the whole payment. I'm sure more than one buyer would have tried to keep the money.

yzrider926

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I ordered an item for my sister that was DOA. Contacted the seller and they asked if I wanted a refund or another one. Sister wanted a refund and was refunded promptly. Didn't even want the item back.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
It's a nice change of pace to hear about a dealer with integrity, rather than the usual shenanigans, and kudos to you that you paid her what the coins were truly worth!

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Ordered something from Korea that didn't arrive after 3 months. Was in contact with the seller so he refunded my money. Of course, a month or so later it finally made it. I promptly repaid the refund plus interest and he sent me multiple thank you emails. I felt good about myself.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I bought a Neversoft 2005 Christmas ornament on ebay. It was on auction and I got it for $3.

The ornament was lost in shipping, and USPS could only find half of the return address and my address in the remains of whatever sorting machine tore it to pieces, so they sent it in one of those "oops we fucked up" bags.

So, I ask for a refund and send a guy a pic of the mangled envelope and the bag. He's a cool guy and issues me a refund.

Now the really cool part is that 3 months later, he tells me he found the other matching ornament as he was doing some cleaning, and sends it to me.

I sent him $5 via paypal for being a stand up guy, to cover his shipping costs and buy him a beer.

It's a shitty ornament though. :lolz:

caldwert

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
I've had sellers include refunds of cash in shipments when they felt they had wronged me. One was for not answering a question on an item. So there's some alright people out there. Then there's other like the guy who shipped a magazine to me and it took over a month to arrive. I think he had to specially request it take that long, there's no other explanation considering it was shipped within the US.

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
A guy from the UK who I bought Ikea Dioders from offered to partially refund my payment of shipping and offered a cheaper shipping solution, which I thought was pretty nice.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I recently won an auction for 34x 100yen coins. The auction ended for 19.10 plus shipping, which was set at $12, so I paid $31 shipped for the coins. A good deal all in all since even with the hurting JPY exchange rate they're worth $28 USD anyway.

Today I get a full refund an and a message from the seller. I assume she'll just say the item is "lost" and take them to the bank to get more than I ended up paying for them. Quite the opposite... she accidentally refunded my whole payment when trying to issue a partial refund claiming she over-charged me for shipping and it was only $6 instead of $12. So she asked for a payment of $25.10. I sent her $29 with a note that I didn't feel right paying less than the coins were worth.

A little of my faith in humanity was restored today.
Nice

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
yeah well she's a jap, doncha ya know they're the most civilized people on earth. big surprise

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Winning auctions for a currency of coins so your home arcade experience can feel more authentic...

...faith in humanity fading, fading, fading... gone.

j/k, nice when a seller charges the actual shipping amount, although ebay doesn’t make it easy half the time.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
Winning auctions for a currency of coins so your home arcade experience can feel more authentic...

...faith in humanity fading, fading, fading... gone.

j/k, nice when a seller charges the actual shipping amount, although ebay doesn’t make it easy half the time.

:lolz: honestly, I was just too lazy to recalibrate the coin mech on that particular cab to take nickels because it was already perfectly set for 100yen. My other 2 candies just take nickels, just the vert cab takes yen.