hiya , im new to this.

g4gav

n00b
hi there , my names Gavin and new to the Neo Geo scene, iv had pretty much every other games machine other than the Neo Geo.... yes late I know but what a better time to start. I currently own a xbox one which the daughter plays more than me.
and my other gaming love is the snes but I purchased a hyperkin superboi to relive them days, building the games up slowly for that.
but iv recently bought myself a 2 slot mvs machine from eBay , received it today to be exact but I'm looking to start building my collection up,
my machine only come as a machine , no controllers or games so I hope to find some on here if there every come up.

one question I have is are all mvs carts real or has some one done repos? if so how do you tell the difference?
what sort of prices should I be paying ? any info would be great and I hope to be on here a lot gathering as much info as poss.

thanks for reading

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
hi there , my names Gavin and new to the Neo Geo scene, iv had pretty much every other games machine other than the Neo Geo.... yes late I know but what a better time to start. I currently own a xbox one which the daughter plays more than me.
and my other gaming love is the snes but I purchased a hyperkin superboi to relive them days, building the games up slowly for that.
but iv recently bought myself a 2 slot mvs machine from eBay , received it today to be exact but I'm looking to start building my collection up,
my machine only come as a machine , no controllers or games so I hope to find some on here if there every come up.

one question I have is are all mvs carts real or has some one done repos? if so how do you tell the difference?
what sort of prices should I be paying ? any info would be great and I hope to be on here a lot gathering as much info as poss.

thanks for reading
Mvs-scans is your best friend. That will show you real MVS boards versus fakes. They aren't repros. They're fakes.

Anything sold on eBay from Europe is fake. Sold here is trustworthy, but you need to earn your rights to use our market.

g4gav

n00b
thanks for the reply,
I hope to earn my way on here and hopefully be around for a long time.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Man, you've got a ton of research to do. Check out YouTube and do some googling. You've asked us to explain too much.

g4gav

n00b
Mvs-scans is your best friend. That will show you real MVS boards versus fakes. They aren't repros. They're fakes.

Anything sold on eBay from Europe is fake. Sold here is trustworthy, but you need to earn your rights to use our market.
thanks for pointing me to mvs-scans, that is one helpful site !
just checked on the one game I bought from eBay and all checks out good, thank you sir

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
thanks for pointing me to mvs-scans, that is one helpful site !
just checked on the one game I bought from eBay and all checks out good, thank you sir
No worries, the more you learn about the Neo and it's quirks the better. It's helpful to know some history of the neo as well, like a massive amount of puzzle bobble carts being factory conversions and bootlegs, as well as issues with AES distributors (scammers) on this very site. Don't be afraid to use the search function and delve into the best of threads. It helps tremendously

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
French ebay sellers are the best to buy carts from usually as their excellence in ensuring genuine cartridges is up there with buying direct from SNK themselves.

Burgers5750

Kabuki Klasher
Welcome to the forum Gav.

This is a great place to hang out but as other have said, access to the market place is based upon you continuing to contribute to the boards.

That doesn't mean posting loads of random questions about stuff you could easily discover on YouTube or via the search function. That'll just get you put in the twat bracket.

Enjoy!