Hiring people is a pain in the ass

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
They can file for unemployment (should they qualify). But that won't count against the workplace's Unemployment insurance liabilities (and thus affecting premiums) as they technically work(ed) for the subcontractor.

An essential purpose of a temp agency is to limit unemployment insurance liabilities. Most/many agencies are maxed out on claims so additional claims have no effect on their premiums.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
This temp agency stuff is just boilerplate that he's heard from his local anarcho-syndicalist crimethinc cell buddies, part of his identikit 'rebel' identity.

Remember when he posted those non-violent anti-police self-protection techniques?

Hilarious

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The unemployment loophole isn't a flaw, it's a feature.

You don't have to to take my word for it. It's in the sales brochure of any temp agency.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Hiring has gotten far worse in recent years with all the entitlement and lazy fucks out in the workforce. Although I don’t worry about unions so much around here I can say that unions were responsible for the collapse of blue collar work. All of them dipshits that think they deserved $30/hr for pushing a fucking button, gtfo. Send the work to China and bring on the robots, dumb fucks.

Anyway.

Been trying to build our bench since the summer and haven’t snagged but 1. 3 lasted a week and quit, 2 just didn’t show up anymore and 1 said it was too much work. 1 never came back for orientation, didn’t even work 1 day. 2 others never made it past the background check. All a waste of time/money with the interviews and investment in labor for training etc. sucks.