Hidden characters in KOF97

Dizrythmia

n00b
I'm not sure what to do here. I went to good old Gamefaqs & got the instructions for unlocking the hidden characters. What I've been doing is going to the character select screen, holding start, entering the joystick movements to unlock Orochi Iori/Leona & then pushing the 2 relevant buttons at the same time, never letting go of start. Is there a problem with the way I'm doing it??
I want to play Orochi Team :)

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Dizrythmia said:
I'm not sure what to do here. I went to good old Gamefaqs & got the instructions for unlocking the hidden characters. What I've been doing is going to the character select screen, holding start, entering the joystick movements to unlock Orochi Iori/Leona & then pushing the 2 relevant buttons at the same time, never letting go of start. Is there a problem with the way I'm doing it??
I want to play Orochi Team :)

Unlock Iori and Leona then do the Orochi Team code. Works for me every time.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
also be sure to allow for some patience when inputting these codes...I don't know what format you're playing them on but I can tell you that inputting them correctly on the NEOCD version really tried my patience at times...
:mad:

other than that, NEOBomberman covered all the bases for ya...

Dizrythmia

n00b
I already know I have to unlock Iori & Leona before I can unlock Orochi team.... I guess I'll have to be patient....

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Are you rushing the code?

For one thing you do not have to highlight any character first, just leave the cursor on Kyo and do the two Orochi codes. Then hold start again and a simple up, left, down, right, up, down, BC. Works for me without fail. I used to enter the codes pretty quickly and they did not often work. Same problem?

Dizrythmia

n00b
That's probably it. I've been putting the cursor on Iori or Leona & doing the appropriate code reasonable quickly. I'll leave it on Kyo & try a bit slower. Thanks for the tip

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Did you get it to work?

Orochi chris pwns in that game big time.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
So I have KOF 97 again...

And tried doing these codes.

If you pick a character by accident when you're putting in the codes, it doesn't matter because if you put in the code correctly the next time, you get to start from scratch in picking your team, and the timer restarts also.