Help! Hyper 64/ Supergun troubles!

Greywolf

Angel's Love Slave
After finally receiving the SamSho64 kit from Vektorlogic last week my personal collection of Hyper 64 games is now complete - I own all four fighters and four motherboards. Unfortunately NONE of them will work with my selfmade supergun, I get neither sound nor picture (the TV screen only flashes either blue or red when I switch channels otherwise it stays dark). I've owned three of the four Hyper kits since last summer and they did work fine on my candy cab (before the cab's monitor went bust a few months ago, sadly I haven't found the time to replace it yet). As for the supergun, it works flawlessly with both MVS and PGM games/ motherboards. Any idea what could be wrong?

PESTILENT

Armored Scrum Object
I would guess the sound problem is from not having the -5V wired up.
I don't have the experience yet to even have an idea what is causing the no picture problem.

apus

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Hi,

Hyper´s dont need -5V. At least mine doesnt, so I expect all other version dont need it either.

Look at the tech forum, I maybe have an answer to your prob. And please ask a question only in one forum...

Greets

Dennis

PESTILENT

Armored Scrum Object
According to this <a href="http://www.daddelkingz.de/manuals/Hyper_64_english.pdf" target="_blank">manual</a> it does require the -5V.
Maybe the Japanese boards don't need it though.

apus

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Hi,

yes, you are right. I checked my jap. manual and its metioned that it does only require 5/12. At first I thought it perhaps could be a mistake in the US manual. Damn revisions mad_2

Greets

Dennis

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Wow! I'm very happy to learn it doesnt need -5

Greywolf

Angel's Love Slave
Dennis,

Like I've just posted in the Tech forum, your answer was absolutely correct, thanks again! :)

P.S.: Sorry for posting in two forums, but I figured the Tech-people won't look into the Hyper forum and vice versa ...

PESTILENT

Armored Scrum Object
apus:
Hi,

yes, you are right. I checked my jap. manual and its metioned that it does only require 5/12. At first I thought it perhaps could be a mistake in the US manual. Damn revisions mad_2

Greets

Dennis
My Hyper board finally came today. It's a Japanese board and you were correct, it does NOT need the -5V. Oh well I wired that up for no reason.