Heads up - Futari stick on sale at Play-Asia

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Yeah, I love my SE. But this one has tits.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I never actually used the futari stick (or deathsmiles one), but I think they are definitely geared more towards Cave fans who want to collect all the memorabilia/swag. If I had more cash, I'd definitely get it...but even then I'd probably just admire the box/artwork :)

I only mentioned it since it is a pretty significant price reduction considering what they normally go for...I believe when they came out they were initially selling for close to $300 :eek:

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
No, they were originally $150 or so. Inside of Japan, Amazon.jp has them for $80.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
No, they were originally $150 or so. Inside of Japan, Amazon.jp has them for $80.

I don't think they were originally $150 when they came out. NCSX's most recent price was $208 before shipping costs...and that was after a price drop:

http://www.shopncsx.com/futariarcadestick.aspx

I am fairly certain about this because I really wanted to get one when i ordered the Futari game from them and remember asking about the combined shipping rates.

Same goes for the Deathsmiles stick:

http://www.shopncsx.com/deathsmilesrealarcadeproex.aspx

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I don't know man, maybe that is the case with Play-Asia since they are saying the current price of $99 reflects a discount of $60...so I guess there it was $160. And with shipping at $55 the total probably came to about $215. I honestly can't remember japanese launch MSRPs...

but NCSX was charging alot more for these when I was initially looking. Maybe it's just a case of them inflating the prices (as they are doing w/ the Espgaluda 2 LE). The links I posted from NCSX show they were charging alot more for both sticks.

Anyway, even if it is in fact just $60 discount, maybe that's not alot to some folks, but $155 shipped to the USA for a new Mushi stick seemed like a good deal to me, so I thought I'd pass along the info to anyone interested.

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
I remember it being $160 on Play-Asia. It dropped to below 10k yen about half a month after being released.

Still, Play-Asia and NCSX aren't in Japan. NCSX was massively overpricing since they had to pay shipping to their base in the US.