Have you registered to vote?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I registered a week ago today. I'm supposed to get a reply from my city's registrar, that I print out, then I vote, and put it in some envelopes and go to the embassy.

No reply from the registrar yet. Guess I'll remind them on Monday to send me my ballot.

You?

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Have you never voted before? If you have, why did you get unregistered? I have had to register twice in my life and it was because I moved to a new state.

Or maybe you're just talking about getting an absentee ballot.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I've been registered since I turned eighteen, 23 years ago.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Have you never voted before? If you have, why did you get unregistered? I have had to register twice in my life and it was because I moved to a new state.

Oh. OK. Thanks lithy. I guess I meant getting an absentee ballot. Maybe I shouldn't be voting in the first place.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I registered a week ago today. I'm supposed to get a reply from my city's registrar, that I print out, then I vote, and put it in some envelopes and go to the embassy.

No reply from the registrar yet. Guess I'll remind them on Monday to send me my ballot.

You?

Yeah, I'm registered and I'm voting in person because I'd like nothing more than to put peoples' lives at risk this election season.

I'll be Pokemon Go-ing To The Polls

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

Plenty of municipalities purge their rosters if you haven’t voted after X number of years. Saw it many times in ‘04 when I was a poll worker and people found out they weren’t registered since the last time they had voted was in ‘92.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’m really tired of all of social media’s in your face “are you voting/register to vote/voter information” campaigns.

It just feels entirely disingenuous. Maybe that’s the point? Corporations urging me to vote is entirely dystopian. It seems like they want to put me off from
casting a vote by reminding me that my vote is futile.

Marek

Banned
I’m really tired of all of social media’s in your face “are you voting/register to vote/voter information” campaigns.

It just feels entirely disingenuous. Maybe that’s the point? Corporations urging me to vote is entirely dystopian. It seems like they want to put me off from

...dude wut?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’m voting, don’t worry.

@poppy

Facebook, IG, Twitter, et al have no real interest in me as an individual (or any individual) exercising their civil rights.

They are only interested in profits. They are beholden to the shareholders, investors, other corporate interests, and their own self preservation.

They are not some neutral NGO interested in the preservation of democracy, free speech, and free society. That is overwhelmingly clear.

Thus them “encouraging” me to vote seems disingenuous. They don’t give a fuck who or what I vote for. They don’t care if I vote. Their vote campaign is hypocrisy of the highest order.

Last edited:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I've been registered but I do double check my status heading in to elections just in case I've been kicked off the rolls for whatever reason.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I’m voting, don’t worry.

@poppy

Facebook, IG, Twitter, et al have no real interest in me as an individual (or any individual) exercising their civil rights.

They are only interested in profits. They are beholden to the shareholders, investors, other corporate interests, and their own self preservation.

They are not some neutral NGO interested in the preservation of democracy, free speech, and free society. That is overwhelmingly clear.

Thus them “encouraging” me to vote seems disingenuous. They don’t give a fuck who or what I vote for. They don’t care if I vote. Their vote campaign is hypocrisy of the highest order.

They win either way and virtue signaling costs nothing.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Yes. And I'm a campaign manager for Mahoning County.

And Joe Biden for Ohio.

Fuck trump and anyone who votes for him.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

Weird take duffalo. I haven't seen much if any of that at all. But then again, I'm not even home so yeah.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Weird take duffalo. I haven't seen much if any of that at all. But then again, I'm not even home so yeah.

When are you coming home? I thought you said they want all Americans teachers out by August or something along those lines.

Last edited:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
The local party official must be standing behind him at the moment.

Wait for 8L time, all will be revealed.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Finally got my absentee ballot, but check out what else is on the ballot for Virginia:

Should the Constitution of Virginia be amended to establish a redistricting commission, consisting of eight members of the General Assembly and eight citizens of the Commonwealth, that is responsible for drawing the congressional and state legislative districts that will be subsequently voted on, but not changed by, the General Assembly and enacted without the Governor’s involvement and to give the responsibility of drawing districts to the Supreme Court of Virginia if the redistricting commission fails to draw districts or the General Assembly fails to enact districts by certain deadlines?

I don't have a fucking clue what that's supposed to mean, and lo and behold I'm not the only one who thought so: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ummary-its-redistricting-amendment-is-unfair/

I, uh, guess I'll vote for 'no' on that?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
American embassy had an absentee voter registration and mailing ballot event tonight. Goddamn the shit you gotta do to make sure everything is right...voter fraud is near nonexistent if everyone follows the rules.

The place was packed with Americans. Wow. Even saw a woman with a Biden shirt on. God bless America.