Halloween is in a week

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Spoiler:
castlevaniaonabus.jpg

Hated this game for many years until last year around Halloween. Now I can go through it without even getting touched. Hard to describe why I like it so much now but it's a great Game Boy game. Turns out it was developed by some new up and coming guys like Nobuya Nakazato and Masato Maegawa. The design is definitely there, just hampered by slowdown and irritating checkpoints.

edit: posted this on the 34th anniversary of its release.

Last edited:

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Currently playing Gegege no Kitarou - Gyakushuu! Youma Daikessen by Konami, feels like ghouls n ghosts without the excessive difficulty. Run and gun 2d platformer.
ss9.jpg

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Hated this game for many years until last year around Halloween. Now I can go through it without even getting touched. Hard to describe why I like it so much now but it's a great Game Boy game. Turns out it was developed by some new up and coming guys like Nobuya Nakazato and Masato Maegawa. The design is definitely there, just hampered by slowdown and irritating checkpoints.
Second one is the best on the GB. Also have lots of nostalgia for the first one. Legend is the one you should hate on the GB.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Played Legends for the first time last year. Wanted to play it for over 20 years, finally did and it was atrocious. It was clear none of the talent from Belmont's Revenge had stayed.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Alan Wake 2 came out this week. It's pretty damn good other than the many irritating bugs. Kinda torn, I never would have thought Remedy of all companies would pull a Cyberpunk, but when it's working it's hard to put down.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Played through Splatterhouse 2, first time in many years. I prefer the original but this is still a cool lil game. I'd forgotten how challenging it was. The bosses' death animations were the best – exploded melting eyes, blood splatter on the screen, one guy's head turning to mush, all still entertaining.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Alan Wake 2 came out this week. It's pretty damn good other than the many irritating bugs. Kinda torn, I never would have thought Remedy of all companies would pull a Cyberpunk, but when it's working it's hard to put down.
This keeps happening to me. I've never played Alan Wake 1 and forgot what it was, so when the sequel shows up and everyone's talking about it, I have no idea about it and I feel like I can't start with a sequel.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Been playing this, pretty decent homebrew:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Screenshot_20231031_180853_Chrome.jpg

I have power, but this is the 1st time I've ever seen trick or treat get canceled for weather. It is that bad though.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Yeah it just started snowing with high winds here in central Ohio as well.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Haunted House (2600)
Ghouls 'n Ghosts (arcade)
The House of the Dead 2 (Dreamcast)

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
View attachment 69125

I have power, but this is the 1st time I've ever seen trick or treat get canceled for weather. It is that bad though.
I'm about 35 miles or so south of you, and while it snowed all day, we didn't have a storm. I did have to shovel the drive and walk for the trick or treaters though. Not a big turnout this year unsurprisingly.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Halloween is great, for many reasons, some of them not obvious. Thanks to everyone for sharing what they did this Halloween.