GTA: PSP does it force you to upgrade?

VGUG.COM

Crazed MVS Addict
I don't have it nor do I really want it but a customer called and mentioned it forces you to upgrade your firmware on the PSP..... Is this true?

If so I kinda figured they'd do it to try and block hacking.....

BIG

sony fanboy
According to those who actually have the game,yes.

B-

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
But is this with PSP's worldwide or only Japanese PSP's?

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
So far, there's no way to play this game on any PSP lower than 2.0, not even the original UMD.

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
Yep game forces you to upgrade to 2.0. Its the first game to do that as other games out that use the 2.0 do not force the psp to actualy be 2.0.

Rumor has it that the video files used in the intro are using the new video codec drivers that only 2.0+ psp have.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Good to know. I won't rent it then.

Anybody know if Legend of Heroes or Popolocus (sp?) will make you upgrade?

neo1087

Bead Banger
buttasuperb said:
Romz > GTA

By a mile. Or 2.
anythings better then GTA,I hate the series,I'm just saying,everyones treating their preschious 1.5 Firmware as if it were friggin gold,their just Emu's..let it go.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I really don't care about the emulators. I can use my PC for that. From what I've seen LCS looks great. I'll be buying it and upgrading Firmware.

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
I'll be dead honest.

I care about staying 1.5 because of ISO's. I don't even use emulators anymore.

The main reason - I need money to buy my DS games, and I don't want to waste it on PSP games unless it's really necessary. :kekeke:

I'm very curious about GTA:LCS, but not enough yet to give up being able to run ISO's off my memory stick. I have the console GTA's and barely played them, got bored fast and hated playing a criminal. So I fear once the cool factor of seeing such a huge game running on PSP wears off, I'll be back to playing my DS again anyway.

Spike23

Ninja Combat Warrior
Diggerman said:
I'll be dead honest.

I care about staying 1.5 because of ISO's. I don't even use emulators anymore.

The main reason - I need money to buy my DS games, and I don't want to waste it on PSP games unless it's really necessary. :kekeke:

I'm very curious about GTA:LCS, but not enough yet to give up being able to run ISO's off my memory stick. I have the console GTA's and barely played them, got bored fast and hated playing a criminal. So I fear once the cool factor of seeing such a huge game running on PSP wears off, I'll be back to playing my DS again anyway.

i own a PSP (version 1.5) and i bought GTA: LCS when it was released. i also own quite a few memory sticks (1GB, 512<B, 256MB, 32MB) LOADED with shit (emulators, isos, roms, movies, etc). when i got it on release day, of course i was a bit pissed that they made you update to 2.00, but i said fuck it and went for it.

never been happier...........especially now that i've gotten the downgrader (2.00-1.50) and very simply switch between the shit i want to do. if any games require 2.50 anytime soon, i might think a bit harder on it, but this shit works and i've had no problems with it. as of now i'm on 1.50 playing Star Soldier (iso on memory stick) after playing about an hour of GTA: LCS.

look into it, if you want to keep your old shit intact.