Got my Hyper!

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Just got my Hyper 64 with all 4 games yesterday from Vektorlogic. After playing around with each of them I have to say that this is such an underrated system! It definately doesn't get enough love.

So far I have to say that I've enjoyed SS64 the most, probably because it's closer to the 2d roots than Warrior's Rage. Not to say that WR isn't good also, I just need to get more play time on it. Fatal Fury:WA is also really fun, and very close to it's 2d predessors. Buriki One, this seems like an interesting game. Definately one I'd like to learn more about because it's different and it's not just pick up and play like most fighters.

Overall I'm very happy with my purchase, I'd recommend it to anyone who's on the fence about getting one.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Good buy there! I love my H64, and I agree that it's one of the most underrated boards/systems around. But only by people who haven't played it or don't know about it.

B1 is an amazing game. I started off playing SS:WR, but now I'm pretty much addicted to Buriki for its incredible originality. Can't think of anything else on any system quite like it.

Have fun playing it and don't forget to post on this board! It gets kind of dead on H64 sometimes, it seems.

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Yeah, B1 seems really cool. Of course the only thing I can do is punch and kick as of now, but I hope to really get the hang of it.

And a quick question, I noticed that sometimes when I put a cart on that the horizonal lines in the game seem to blur a bit (like they're vibrating back and forth between to lines) mainly on the 2D text stuff. I think it's just because you've gotta have the carts pressed down really good (which I try to each time) but I just wanted to make sure.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
OmegaSaber said:
Yeah, B1 seems really cool. Of course the only thing I can do is punch and kick as of now, but I hope to really get the hang of it.

And a quick question, I noticed that sometimes when I put a cart on that the horizonal lines in the game seem to blur a bit (like they're vibrating back and forth between to lines) mainly on the 2D text stuff. I think it's just because you've gotta have the carts pressed down really good (which I try to each time) but I just wanted to make sure.

The text on the boot-up screen does that for me. The games themselves run flawlessly though.

Kind of like how the text (boot-up) is horribly off-center, but then the actual games are perfect.

I think all your stuff is fine.