Goldie Restoration ---> Marquee and Control Panel Overlay Needed!!

GTRetro87

Kabuki Klasher
Hey Guys,

So I helped my buddy pick up a Goldie and Mini this weekend to restore!!

Currently the Mini just needs a CPO and also needs to just be reassembled in certain areas - but it's working order and just needs a little clean up.

The Goldie on the other hand needs a little work. This Goldie NEEDS a new Marquee and control panel overlay. The current pieces are warped/cracked, they *could* be left alone but then the cab wouldn't really look as nice as it could.

I have done some searches and found that Gameon Graphix is recommended, not sure where else I should go to for this though. I did find a site that reproduces Mini overlays (I forgot the website), so perhaps they could also do work for the Goldie to get things rolling.

Any input is appreciated!!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Gameon Graphix is a good place. The thing I'm not so sure about is how he reproduces the CPO as the originals are back printed on a thin sheet of lexan, also the Goldie specifically has a gold shine to it thus the name, same goes for the Mini Marquee holder. However, you could just reproduce on any material and place behind plexi or lexan, the only drawback is no gold effect but at least the cab will look nice regardless.

I know I have seen Lexan reproductions, I dunno how good they are, I've only seen it in Big Reds and they look pretty nice from the photos but who knows how they look up close and personal. I's just do some research and see what kind of quality have all them reproductions.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
The easiest way to get an authentic looking reproduction overlay would be to have the black and white layers printed on a thicker stock of glossine or overlay material. That would lay over a base of reflective gold paper. I've done jobs like that on a smaller scale and they look amazing, and would cut out the need for a lexan piece to cover the art.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That sounds cool, like printing on a transparency...could be cool, I still like the plexi on top though.