Ghostllop part of Magical Drop V on steam

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
thanks for the heads up. I was interested in MD5 a while back, but i seem to recall the price being somewhere in the 15$ range and for what I saw I just decided against it for the time.

at $0.99 I figured what the hell :) picked it up.

noCLip

Camel Slug
thanks for the headsup, just picked this up! magical drop 3 never leaves my 2 slot ;)

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Never played Magical Drop before, but hell I'll have to check it out now. Thanks for the info!

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
thanks for the headsup, just picked this up! magical drop 3 never leaves my 2 slot ;)

Same here! Permanent fixture in my cab for sure!

So about this MDV...
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/10/magical-drop-5-review/

It makes sense that it was dropped to $0.99 because the reviews for it were terrible. Mainly at time of release it was so unstable. But the silver lining is that they have made some updates:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/204960/discussions/0/864951657744737526/

It appears that there have been a number of patches but anything since June 2013 that is messing with the game has yet to be resolved. I haven't played it myself for a few reasons but wouldn't mind getting a fresh perspective from others out there that are running the latest build.

Last edited:

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
So I tried it out and damn is it challenging, but quite fun. Also all I can hear in my head is Star frantically screaming gratuitous amounts of "Desu!" from when I played as her.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
It makes sense that it was dropped to $0.99 because the reviews for it were terrible. Mainly at time of release it was so unstable. But the silver lining is that they have made some updates:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/204960/discussions/0/864951657744737526/

It appears that there have been a number of patches but anything since June 2013 that is messing with the game has yet to be resolved. I haven't played it myself for a few reasons but wouldn't mind getting a fresh perspective from others out there that are running the latest build.

Actually, it wasn't even patched in June 2013. That June 2013 date is only an announcement of "an upcoming patch we want to release soon". It's August 2014 and that patch has never come to be, after much promises from them.

I bought the game back in December 2012 during a Steam Christmas sale, I think for something like $2, maybe $2.49 at the most, well before it got discounted to 99 cents. The game has NEVER worked for me, it loads up and I hear game audio but no picture. It seems to be a known issue, with it happening to some other people, but no solution as to how to fix this problem (it's thought that it occurs from the game forcing itself to start in fullscreen mode on certain graphic cards, but since you can't get into the options to change it to windowed mode...). Absolutely no support from the developer, just promises and promises of a mystical patch that somehow just can't get released for the game.

While the game is "functional" for others (I've heard that the netcode is not so great), and you're only gambling 99 cents on a game, keep in mind it is possible you could be buying a broken piece of shit that the developer just can't support.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
That's good additional info from BBH - I had the game crash once too, apart from that it seemed to work. (Could just be pure luck though)

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Same here. Tried on mult computers and they all had problems.

Wow, that's gotta suck. Weird how it works on only some rigs. It works on my main rig so far, but I have yet to test it on others. It's a good game, but it's a shame that the devs aren't even going to work on the compatibility. Like what's up with that?

noCLip

Camel Slug
i havent had any issues with it working for me, guess im just lucky but thats shitty to hear