Geometry Wars thread

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Anyone here playing Geometry Wars Evolved? I would like to add some people to my friends list and see who can get the highest score. I am not really good only played a few times but managed to reach around 250,000 the other day. If anyone has any tips also on the game that would be great.

I have been using my roomates tag lately it's something like Barak Obomber or something.

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
You can add me if you want (Soniku17). My high score is only like 400,000-something, which I was only able to pull off when I was half asleep. I've hardly been able to get close to that high since.

I have to start playing sometime again though, I'd like to get some of the higher achievements...

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Yep, I've got it. I've done just decent. I get screwed once it gets more difficult. I'm much better at Boom Boom Rocket.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
I've seen Jedah's Boom Boom Rocket scores. Definitely impressive from the get go.

My current score in Geometry Wars is a little above the 650,000 mark. I haven't really played it in a while, due to other games I've been playing. That, and none of my current friend list players have come to challenge my score yet. Normally, that would be enough to make me forget a bit about gaming-schedules and jump right back into Geo Wars. As of right now, no true challengers in my list. Then again, I'm topping the majority of Robotron-esque games, in my list of friends.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I've gotten over 1 million (forget the exact amount--think it's 1.2 something)

I was playing the game until my eyes started bleeding before I got that score, but after that I put it down and haven't picked it up again even though I've got a few more achievements to unlock (I'll do them eventually, honest.)

Aside from just playing the game until you get the "feel" for it, the best tip(s) to give is to stay close to the wall (but don't hug it) and always move in one direction (clockwise or counter-clockwise, whichever you prefer)--never actually stop or turn around, just keep going and try to blast your way through whatever is in front of you.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Didn't this very game have it's own thread before?
Shiiiiit...I need to play this beautiful beast again soon.
Geometry Wars Evolved makes me grow a big rubbery one.
:upf: