GBA Micro speaker

PlayerOne

Marked Wolf
Is it just mine, or is the speaker in the GBA Micro a bit crap?

I bought a Micro, yesterday, now they've finally been released in the UK, and it is a thing of beauty, but while I was testing it I thought the speaker sounded a bit buzzy, and doesn't seem to get very loud. As it's the only one I've seen, I'm not sure whether mine is faulty or whether they're all like that. Or even whether I'm imagining it, having been spoilt by the sound on the DS.

I want one of each colour now, though.

ray_7

no its not you... the speaker IS crap... been playing AoS all day long and i can really see the difference between this and DS's speakers..

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Does it have a headphone jack?

PlayerOne

Marked Wolf
Yes it does, surprisingly. Maybe they knew the speaker was going to be weak.

I have mostly come to the conclusion that it is me being paranoid. The speaker is adequate, but it's small and doesn't have the range. The game I was using was just a particularly bad choice to test it with (Rebelstar).

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
The speaker really doesn't get all that loud, at least compared to the DS and other portables.

It's an obviously understandable sacrifice for its extreme size decrease though.

I tend to play mine the most in a crowded breakroom/work area, and at its most loudest, it's just how you put it... "adequate."

The headphone jack does make all the difference though, so it's nice that Nintendo found the space to slip that in there.

(And yes, I love my Micro too -- it hasn't left my pocket since I got it on release.)

RyuKenAkuma

Rugal's Thug
well as everybody else said the speaker isnt that good. Btw what color Micro did you get?

ray_7

RyuKenAkuma said:
well as everybody else said the speaker isnt that good. Btw what color Micro did you get?

how much do THEY pay you to advertise those? ;)

nonetheless, they're really good tho... always got shit from them online...