Games Yet to be Translated

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Man, there's typos and shitty grammar all over official releases. I don't think there really is a "real thing" to translations

Fair 'nuf. I always wonder if narratives are drastically changed during the localization process. Or even just totally fucked up. Like does Kingdom Hearts make no fucking sense because it wasn't translated properly or because it just doesn't make sense to begin with?

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Fair 'nuf. I always wonder if narratives are drastically changed during the localization process. Or even just totally fucked up. Like does Kingdom Hearts make no fucking sense because it wasn't translated properly or because it just doesn't make sense to begin with?

If you want to take a look at how certain games(mostly 8/16-bit) changed during the localization process, you might want to check out Legends of Localization. It gives pretty detailed descriptions of changes from games like FFIV, Earthbound, Legend of Zelda, etc. It's pretty interesting to see what things were changed due to certain cultural differences.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
If you want to take a look at how certain games(mostly 8/16-bit) changed during the localization process, you might want to check out Legends of Localization. It gives pretty detailed descriptions of changes from games like FFIV, Earthbound, Legend of Zelda, etc. It's pretty interesting to see what things were changed due to certain cultural differences.

Nice! I've never heard of this. Thanks for the link.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Some fan translations are top notch.
Anything by Aeon Genesis or Demiforce is bound to be good.
Aeon Genesis group have translated 84 games, so they're pretty experienced.

Hell, even with retail releases you get shit like "This guy are sick" in FF7, or Final Fantasy Tactic's engrish-y original translation.
Legend of the Dragoon is another "so bad it's good" hacky translation.

Don't knock it until you try it.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
pfff even the FF5 translation from 1997 isn't that bad.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
everything for the pc-fx...

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I've always wanted to see a translation of Dark Half (SFC). Played around with it a bit and loved it, but I had no Idea what the fuck I was doing after a half hour in because the translation was like 10% done at the time.

Last edited:

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
I've always wanted to see a translation of Dark Half (SFC). Played around with it a bit and loved it, but I had no Idea what the fuck I was doing after a half hour in because the translation was like 10% done at the time.

Actually AGTP finished Dark Half back in May of this year.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Actually AGTP finished Dark Half back in May of this year.

Awww sheeit! Where can I find it?

Before I made that post I looked to see if it was ever finished, and all I came up with was a 60% patch on romhacks.net