Games Beaten in 2021

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I was thinking of getting into the Yakuza games this year. I'd like to play through a bunch of new franchises and not the same old games over and over.

I think the same thing but almost every new game/system pisses me off. I buy the shit and get powerful bored in the first two minutes, which MAY be all tutorial but is usually more often not even that, just clearing HD space, installing updates or retrieving passwords.

I tend to play things a half hour or so at a time and with the modern AAA shit that just doesn’t ever get you anywhere. I can clear a shooter in less time than it takes to get to the first save point in some games. They ask too much. Nintendo seems much better about realizing you may not have the devotion. They make “progress” something that can be achieved in relatively small chunks, grabbing a star/moon/shine/whatever in Mario before breakfast, a quick Kart battle, see what Tom Nook has today…kids have homework, so do adults.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Goddamn jro. Time is one thing but I don't think I'd have the sheer drive it would take complete that many games even if they are all thing I'd be excited to play.

Oh yeah I also finished Doki Doki Literature Club.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I think I replayed every proper From Souls game again at least once and also a handful of other Souls-likes, I tend to have a playthrough of something in the genre going most of the time. Also played through Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition several times after having finished the original DMC 5 multiple times on last gen. Anyway, in reverse chronological order:
  1. ENDER LILIES: Quietus of the Knights Xbox Series X/S
  2. Tails of Iron PlayStation 5
  3. The Solitaire Conspiracy Xbox Series X/S
  4. Forza Horizon 5 Xbox Series X/S
  5. Call of Duty: Vanguard PlayStation 5
  6. Bloodshore Xbox Series X/S
  7. Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! Nintendo Switch
  8. The Dark Pictures: House of Ashes Xbox Series X/S
  9. Demon's Souls PlayStation 5
  10. Alan Wake Remastered Xbox Series X/S
  11. Cruis'n Blast Nintendo Switch
  12. Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut PlayStation 5
  13. Big Rumble Boxing: Creed Champions Xbox Series X/S
  14. WarioWare: Get It Together! Nintendo Switch
  15. Song of Iron Xbox Series X/S
  16. The Forgotten City Xbox Series X/S
  17. Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition Xbox Series X/S (Son of Sparda mode)
  18. The Ascent Xbox Series X/S
  19. Scarlet Nexus PlayStation 5
  20. Cobra Kai: The Karate Kid Saga Continues Xbox Series X/S
  21. Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Xbox Series X/S
  22. Biomutant Xbox Series X/S
  23. Final Fantasy VII Remake - Episode INTERmission PlayStation 5
  24. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart PlayStation 5
  25. Habroxia Xbox Series X/S
  26. Mass Effect 3 Xbox Series X/S
  27. Mass Effect 2 Xbox Series X/S
  28. Donuts'n'Justice Xbox Series X/S
  29. NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... Xbox Series X/S (replayed to get next ending)
  30. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin PlayStation 4
  31. I Saw Black Clouds Xbox Series X/S
  32. Mass Effect Xbox Series X/S
  33. Dark Souls: Remastered PlayStation 4
  34. Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Xbox Series X/S
  35. NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... Xbox Series X/S
  36. Bladed Fury Xbox Series X/S
  37. Rain On Your Parade Xbox Series X/S
  38. Yakuza: Like a Dragon Xbox Series X/S
  39. Nioh Remastered PlayStation 5
  40. Habroxia 2 Xbox Series X/S
  41. Livelock Xbox Series X/S
  42. Little Nightmares II Xbox Series X/S
  43. Pumpkin Jack Xbox Series X/S
  44. Hitman 3 Xbox Series X/S
  45. Iris.Fall Xbox Series X/S
  46. Dark Souls III PlayStation 4
  47. Jet Kave Adventure Xbox Series X/S
  48. Streets of Rage 4 PlayStation 4
  49. Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition Xbox Series X/S
  50. Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood Xbox Series X/S
  51. 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim PlayStation 4
  52. Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales PlayStation 5
  53. Foregone Xbox Series X/S
  54. Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition PlayStation 5
  55. Morbid: The Seven Acolytes Xbox Series X/S
jro you have the biggest penis. You win. Mao bless

• Haha
Reactions: jro

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
PSX:

Racing Lagoon
Castlevania SOTN
Harmful Park

PS4:

Yakuza: Like a Dragon

SNES:

Ihatovo Monogatari

That's about it.

Played a bunch of other games but didn't beat them.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I enjoy looking at the games i was able to beat for the first time over the course of the year. The PS4 was definitely the most played system, and almost all of those PS4 games were played with the wife either co-op or next to each other.

Bravely Default 3DS
Borderlands 3 PS4
Destiny PS4
Dead Space 2 PS3
Tomb Raider PS4
Muramasa Vita
Horizon Zero Dawn PS4
Resident Evil 5 PS4
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII PSP
Detroit Become Human PS4
Pokemon Emerald GBA
Killzone Mercenaries Vita
Terranigma SNES
Super Mario Party Switch
Lord of the Rings Two Towers PS2
Super Mario 64 Switch
Devil May Cry V PS4
Last of Us 2 PS4
Final Fantasy Tactics PS1
Doom Eternal PS4
Final Fantasy XV PS4
House of the Dead Overkill Wii
Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles Wii
Ghost Squad Wii
House of the Dead 2 and 3 Wii
Bayonetta PS4
Killzone 2 PS3
Final Fantasy XII PS4
Dead Space 3 PS3
Crosscode Switch
Metroid Dread Switch
Bioshock 2 PS4
Resident Evil Revelations PS4

Total 33
This was before you go married...lets see what your list looks like next year...

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Goddamn jro. Time is one thing but I don't think I'd have the sheer drive it would take complete that many games even if they are all thing I'd be excited to play.

Oh yeah I also finished Doki Doki Literature Club.

jro you have the biggest penis. You win. Mao bless
LOL now that is a quality one-liner! :ROFLMAO:

It is indeed much a function of having the time to spend. Not being married or having kids tends to leave me with way more free time to myself than anyone I know who's a parent especially. :emb:

enormous

n00b
Whiplash
Darkwatch
DC Super Hero Girls: Teen Power
Superman: Countdown to Apokolips
Metroid Dread

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Forgot I played some sms games this year.

SMS

Alex Kidd in Shinobi World (great game)
Land of Illusion: starring Mickey Mouse
Streets of Rage (horrible game, I can’t believe I played all the way through)

Games I stopped playing but should have beaten:

Metroid Prime 1
Fist of the Northstar PS4
Magic Rayearth SS
Lunacy SS

Games I stopped playing out of frustration:

Dark Souls 2 (made a huge error I couldn’t fix anymore)
Skyrim (kept crashing on my modded Xbox)

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Metroid Prime 1

I've been thinking about this one a bit since I started playing Dread. I really enjoyed it at the time, but haven't played it since release, wonder if I'd care about it now. I never did play Prime 2 or 3. One thing I think it excelled at was that the environments all felt much more unique. In Dread, they look different but only in the background and because of that they don't seem to feel any different from one zone to the next.

I don't think I have any way of playing Prime anyway, so I've been thinking about putting GBA Fusion onto the SNES Classic at some point to play instead, since I don't think I ever played that one.

One last Metroid related thing to mention is that I had completely missed the 3DS updated Samus Returns since I missed that handheld entirely and see how much it shares with Dread (same developer so makes sense), almost to the point that I think Dread might have something of a letdown if I had already played that one. I'm curious if anyone that has played it has any thoughts about it.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I've been thinking about this one a bit since I started playing Dread. I really enjoyed it at the time, but haven't played it since release, wonder if I'd care about it now. I never did play Prime 2 or 3. One thing I think it excelled at was that the environments all felt much more unique. In Dread, they look different but only in the background and because of that they don't seem to feel any different from one zone to the next.

I don't think I have any way of playing Prime anyway, so I've been thinking about putting GBA Fusion onto the SNES Classic at some point to play instead, since I don't think I ever played that one.

One last Metroid related thing to mention is that I had completely missed the 3DS updated Samus Returns since I missed that handheld entirely and see how much it shares with Dread (same developer so makes sense), almost to the point that I think Dread might have something of a letdown if I had already played that one. I'm curious if anyone that has played it has any thoughts about it.
Samus Returns was a big basis for the movement and combat for Dread, but imagine less refinements. It was a much needed reboot of Metroid 2 but was also victim to sticking to that game's limited world design. The innovations it took were from combat, with the counter striking implemented and some Metroid having different attack patterns. That being said, it was hard to steer away from the original notion of "kill all the Metroid" without feeling samey.

For me as a Metroid fan, it was worth a play or two, but not to the same level as Super, Fusion, or Zero Mission. The GBA games were my first, and also my favorite Metroid games. Great for streamlined quick gameplay, without the fuss of figuring out what to do next. Sometimes it feels good to turn your brain off and just run around killing things and getting stronger.