FS: Console/Handheld Mods/Repairs/Cap Kits/Servicing & Custom Fightsticks

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Recently, somebody made a thread asking for some help recapping some DMG boards and I offered to do it. Since then, a few other people have reached out asking for help with various other things. This kind of underscored the fact that there aren't really people around willing to do this kind of work these days.

Now, I'm certainly no pro by any means, but I've done a fair amount of cap kits and mods at this point. I take it seriously and I make an effort to do a good, clean job. On top of that, I really enjoy working on electronics, and always look forward to the next project:

So, I'm offering to work on your old consoles for a small fee. I figure $20 as a base fee is fair. Some cap kits are more laborious (a Mega Drive has 30 something caps, for example), so I figure $30 is fair in those cases. I can do NES/SNES RGB mods for $50.

Examples of things I do/have done:
- Cap kits for all kinds of consoles (no SMD right now)
- NESRGB
- SNES RGB bypass
- Custom fightstick builds
- Socket installation
- Headphone jack replacement
- Custom GBC/DMG builds
- DMG RCA Stereo out
- Cartridge battery replacement
- SNES/Genesis physical region lock removal
- Mega Drive physical region lock removal
- The list goes on!

Things I don't do:
- SMD components (I don't have a hot air station on my bench, and I haven't identified a good strategy for handling these with what I've got currently)
- Arcade PCB issue diagnosis

Terms:
- You cover shipping both ways
- You provide all the necessary parts for your request (if you need help picking things out, mention this in your PM)
- You provide everything necessary to use the equipment you send (for testing purposes)
- I'll do my best to turn things around in a few business days
- Naturally, I reserve the right to choose what to work on
- You acknowledge that though I'm gonna do my best, I'm not a pro, and shit sometimes does go wrong
- I'm really not looking to deal with international shipping. Sorry!

PM me with your project ideas. I've attached some examples of things I've done, feel free to ask for more pics. Thanks all.
Screen Shot 2023-11-17 at 14.54.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-11-17 at 14.54.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-11-17 at 14.54.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-11-17 at 14.53.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-11-17 at 14.53.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-11-17 at 14.53.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-11-17 at 14.53.20 PM.png
IMG_0718.jpeg

Last edited:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
How do you feel about a Sega CDX having issues reading discs?

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I gotta admit, you're tempting the hell out of me with the GBA.