Free Mario 64 with a DS purchase???

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Anyone know the link for this offer? Is it still going on, or is it over?

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
pixeljunkie said:
Anyone know the link for this offer? Is it still going on, or is it over?

The first bundle was the Mario 64 with the Nintendo DS. There may be some retailers that still carry this, but most of them carry the Nintendogs Best Friends/Teal Blue Nintendo DS bundles now. Only Toys 'R Us and Target carry the Pearl Pink version of the bundle as well.

I had picked up my bundle right around the time when Nintendogs came out, and was lucky enough to snag the last bundle from the locked retail glass cabinet.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
bokmeow said:
The first bundle was the Mario 64 with the Nintendo DS. There may be some retailers that still carry this, but most of them carry the Nintendogs Best Friends/Teal Blue Nintendo DS bundles now. Only Toys 'R Us and Target carry the Pearl Pink version of the bundle as well.

I had picked up my bundle right around the time when Nintendogs came out, and was lucky enough to snag the last bundle from the locked retail glass cabinet.

Although, for all of the Mario DS bundles I saw, (And the one I purchased) Mario was seperate from the DS system. Now the bundles, Nintendogs and the upcoming Mario Kart, have the game packaged in with the system.

Was there any DS systems that had Mario packaged inside? Regardless, this offer was only for a couple of weeks during the summer and I have never seen it again. (EB and other stores ran this offer the week that the Blue DS system launched). However, Mario was not inside with the DS, they gave you the entire game seperate. This is also the same time that Nintendo stopped giving away the Metroid Demo. (Packaged in with the DS)

Allien133

Astra Superstar
Gameoz said:
Although, for all of the Mario DS bundles I saw, (And the one I purchased) Mario was seperate from the DS system. Now the bundles, Nintendogs and the upcoming Mario Kart, have the game packaged in with the system.

I recall seing a blue ds that was packaged with mario 64 DS. Does anyone else remember this? I know locally I only see the nintendogs pack now.

EDIT:
Yep, Gameoz your correct. They gave it to you when you bought the system.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Allien133 said:
I recall seing a blue ds that was packaged with mario 64 DS. Does anyone else remember this? I know locally I only see the nintendogs pack now.

EDIT:
Yep, Gameoz your correct. They gave it to you when you bought the system.

Walmart had the DS with Mario DS inside. It has a paper sleeve case like the Metroid Prime Hunters demo that came with the Silver DS at launch. I got my Blue DS at EB and they just gave me a Retail Mario DS with the plastic clamshell.

Allien133

Astra Superstar
MilkManX said:
Walmart had the DS with Mario DS inside. It has a paper sleeve case like the Metroid Prime Hunters demo that came with the Silver DS at launch. I got my Blue DS at EB and they just gave me a Retail Mario DS with the plastic clamshell.

Sweet I was right. ;)

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I had wondered if they had packed in Mario or not. The Blue DS I or people I know bought just got the game seperate.

I never saw the DS systems with the Mario packed it but it was such a short lived offer, I am not surprised.

The one downside on these bundles is that you don't get a case. And, when you are really only saving about $10, I am not sure it is worth it. I would rather have the case.

It would be a different subject, if the DS systems had a special logo on them or something.

Drummy

n00b
Man, i wish I was interested in a DS at that time. Everyone has a silver one, including me, and it sucks. I have a teal one, but it has a dead pixel.

Dinodoedoe

Bub & Bob's Bub,
20 Year Member
Drummy said:
Man, i wish I was interested in a DS at that time. Everyone has a silver one, including me, and it sucks. I have a teal one, but it has a dead pixel.

You should contact Nintendo. I belive they have a Zero tolerance with dead pixels with the DS. I think they will fix it for free.