Freakers Highscore Website

VJP

New Challenger
Hello everyone. No idea if I have used the right subforum/it is even wanted here, but a try can't hurt.
We have programmed a website so that you can measure yourself and have a clearer overview of your progress.

So far we've mainly used the website with our friends (with a few exceptions) and we wouldn't mind if the site was used more internationally. Anyone can create an account and enter their scores and photos or videos themselves. We try to keep it as simple as possible.

On the website are mainly arcade games plus a few GameBoy games with the focus on arcade games.

It's constantly being expanded, new games are being added and you are welcome to give input.

We would be happy to have a few more scores/competition on the website.

(Emulators and misters are of course not welcome, there are already enough other sites for that)

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Having users have just 3 letters will be just as annoying as in a real arcade when you run across multiple people who use the same initials.

VJP

New Challenger
I've never met 2 people who have the same one, but if it would actually cause a problem, we can adjust it.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
bef52a8c-c4ea-474e-b228-ed41a4ae8405_text.gif

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I've never met 2 people who have the same one, but if it would actually cause a problem, we can adjust it.
Well how much time have you or do you spend in an actual arcade? I would consider it uncommon but it does happen. In fact, in my earlier years I had to change my HS initials because of this. At the current arcade I go to, I can immediately think of two sets of initials that represent multiple people. In a real life scenario, people either choose to not care or change their initals. On a website it could turn out differently.

VJP

New Challenger
In the meantime we have made a few improvements. Among other things, you can now see how you have improved from score to score over time, you can compare yourself with other users and many new games have been added. CPS2, Taito F3 and Naomi.

If entering FUC auto corrects to CAP or NEO I’m in!
an AAA = CAP or SNK?
Would actually be a funny idea, but probably won't be realised at the moment :D

Well how much time have you or do you spend in an actual arcade? I would consider it uncommon but it does happen. In fact, in my earlier years I had to change my HS initials because of this. At the current arcade I go to, I can immediately think of two sets of initials that represent multiple people. In a real life scenario, people either choose to not care or change their initals. On a website it could turn out differently.
Unfortunately, the arcade scene in Switzerland wasn't big and had been dead for a long time. I'll probably only get 5 hours. In Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo I played for a total of about 25 hours. Apart from that, I spent a lot more time in the arcade I helped run for over a year.

I never encountered any problems with the names during that time.

I understand your point, but at the moment when most of the names are still free, the effort for a not yet existing problem is a bit too big to redesign the whole site, but we have already thought about how to implement it.