First cart you ever owned

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Hot tip: you don't need to mod the system or a framemasturbator to play SS2.
Landed a job after graduating from college. Finally made some real money to buy the system I always wanted but couldn't afford as a kid. You know, the typical story of neo geo fans. I had Xian Xi mod my system, it was also a way to be more involved in the community. Besides the games, I enjoy buying from a lot of passionate tech people who contributed to the neo scene, like the guy who made the NeoSaveMasta, Unibios, Omega, and amoung others.

And who tha freak would want to play Samurai Shodown 2 in composite!

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
And who tha freak would want to play Samurai Shodown 2 in composite!
You might want to, to get a feel of what it was like to play a game in composite back then.
Composite is better than what we used for our Mega Drive & SNES back then (RF, which is audio & video in the same cable, degrading the picture quality even further). Composite at least has separate cables for video and audio.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
You might want to, to get a feel of what it was like to play a game in composite back then.
Composite is better than what we used for our Mega Drive & SNES back then (RF, which is audio & video in the same cable, degrading the picture quality even further). Composite at least has separate cables for video and audio.
We had RGB SCART in the 80s.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I had been gaming since the inception of JP nes with RF, no thanks. One cable for video and two audio for a mono audio output on composite for the AES is also unacceptable. I had money to burn damn it, I wanted to see them damn pixels!

I'm going to try out the composite out anyways for curiosity sakes. Who knows, this might be the next retro trend to play all the systems with it's original audio video composite glory, gaming at its purest form, blurry graphics and all...

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Magician Lord/Fatal Fury Special for the AES

Magical Drop 2 for the MVS