Finally a mini console I can get behind (DDR mini)

city41

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
10 Year Member
Getting one to America will probably be tough though

1696526598206.png

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member

View attachment 68503

I have this mini desktop arcade machine.
$_1.JPG

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Did anyone ever actually play one of those in real life? They looked fun, but there's never been a stage in my life where I would have felt comfortable prancing around getting sweaty in public on there.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Dance game is incredible and I love it, but I don't think I'll get this.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Did anyone ever actually play one of those in real life? They looked fun, but there's never been a stage in my life where I would have felt comfortable prancing around getting sweaty in public on there.
I was inexcusably good at it when I was in my late teens/early 20s. I still play, but I have custom built wooden pads in the basement; quite rarely will I play in public.

This mini console is silly. I suppose some people may like it but I don't really see any reason to get one.

city41

10 Year Member
I've been playing DDR for 25 years now (which just blows my mind). I now have a home setup that is pretty much arcade quality but using modern tech

But I've played DDR in the arcade quite a bit.

1696535368032.png

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I can confirm I was also inexcusably proficient at DDR. I've played recently at a few barcades, and my legs just dont cut it anymore. The skill is still there, but the cardio doesn't allow it.

I have a feeling I would have a setup if I had basement area.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
I can confirm I was also inexcusably proficient at DDR. I've played recently at a few barcades, and my legs just dont cut it anymore. The skill is still there, but the cardio doesn't allow it.

I still have the cardio from skateboarding and to a lesser extent ice hockey since I don't play on a team anymore.

A year or so ago I was in East Lansing, and it only cost me $1 to tell Zac to go fuck himself for taking all 5 slots on the Pop4 scoreboard at Pinball Pete's.

20220925_174628.jpg

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member

You need to start raising your vo2 max via interval training. It is all downhill if you don' as you get older.

skate323k137

10 Year Member

View attachment 68503

My wife who also plays saw this and immediately said "that's not Dance Dance Revolution, it's FingerBang Revolution" and I chortled

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I've been playing DDR for 25 years now (which just blows my mind). I now have a home setup that is pretty much arcade quality but using modern tech

View attachment 68505
I'd like to get at least one pad like these, I found a Konami system 473 system or whatever in my basement and tinkered around with it a bit.
Never played the game before though.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
ddr cardio is weird. I have tons of ddr cardio, but could I go for a run or play soccer? No way.
Different exercises use different muscle groups.

If you put a boxer on a wrestling mat he'd gas out in 2 minutes. You put a wrestler on a boxer's heavybag workout and he'd gas in even less time than that.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
Ice hockey conditioning gave me the extra boost to get from am to pro level in slalom skateboarding, but hockey in full pads is a lot. Without gear I can ice skate non stop for an hour, with gear on, a mintue on / minute off rotation for an hour is grueling.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
It's good cardio.

I think it was Nick Nolte I saw on the news a decade or two ago who plays DDR.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member

View attachment 68505
I have one of these StepmaniaX pads at the crib too (just one though). It really is the best out there.

Last edited:

city41

10 Year Member
I have one of these StepmaniaX pads at the crib too (just one though). It really is the best out there.
I've had mine for about 3 years now, and they are just like the day I bought them. Well worth it imo.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
You need to start raising your vo2 max via interval training. It is all downhill if you don' as you get older.
I row, but I do need to hit it more aggressively. I plan to sync up a heart monitor to keep myself better paced.

Funny enough, did have a friend who started his weight loss journey with DDR. He lost about 60 lbs, and is an active biker now.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'd like to get at least one pad like these, I found a Konami system 473 system or whatever in my basement and tinkered around with it a bit.
Never played the game before though.
Xavier self portrait titled A Basement Visit by System 473

Attachments

• Untitled1_20231010191556.png
    Untitled1_20231010191556.png
    495.8 KB · Views: 11