Final Boss in SSVS?

Rambilin

n00b
Hello, hoping to create a gameplay thread avoiding the fatality subject in regards to Samurai Shodown 5 Special. I have only gotten to play about 20 minutes so far, and only with Haohmaru but it seems that you allways fight Amakusa as the first boss and if you finish him off in the final round with the qcb+cd while in rage burst mode you go on to fight Zankuro. Once again in the final round if you beat him with qcb+cd in rage burst you go on to fight Gaoh (who, on a side note, has an awsome background). Unfortunatly Gaoh allways seems to dodge the finisher and upon his defeat a similar message that Amakusa gives (something along the lines witness my death on the battlefield and go). I'm asuming if you beat Gaoh with the qcb+cd you go on to face Mizuki. Anyone fight her yet, or beaten her with qcb+cd?

Tenshokyaku

King's Dry Cleaner
You have to use the Zetsumei Ougi on Amakusa, Zankurou, and then Gaoh. Once you reach Mizuki, it doesn't matter how you finish her off.

Pretty lame in my opinion. I hate having to finish off fights a certain way to advance in the game. Isn't the CPU hard enough? SVC Chaos pissed me off that way, too.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Tenshokyaku said:
You have to use the Zetsumei Ougi on Amakusa, Zankurou, and then Gaoh. Once you reach Mizuki, it doesn't matter how you finish her off.

Pretty lame in my opinion. I hate having to finish off fights a certain way to advance in the game. Isn't the CPU hard enough? SVC Chaos pissed me off that way, too.
Actually, I kind of like things like that. It adds replay in 1 player mode for me. For example, I can play RB2 endlessly, even though I hate Alfred. But getting to him is fun. Lose a round?...start over. Fatal Fury 3 is a lot of fun that way also.

Tenshokyaku

King's Dry Cleaner
To each their own I guess...

Honestly, I can't play ANY Neo Geo fighter by myself for very long. The CPU in Neo games has always been pretty poorly programmed. They either sit there and let you beat on them forever, or they sit there and counter you out of everything you try. It's never really a good fight. Too much dependence on patterns and not enough on skill and reflexes. I've seen people that could TROUNCE the CPU at a Neo game but got their asses handed to them in 2P competition. And vice versa, of course.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Tenshokyaku said:
To each their own I guess...

Honestly, I can't play ANY Neo Geo fighter by myself for very long. The CPU in Neo games has always been pretty poorly programmed. They either sit there and let you beat on them forever, or they sit there and counter you out of everything you try. It's never really a good fight. Too much dependence on patterns and not enough on skill and reflexes. I've seen people that could TROUNCE the CPU at a Neo game but got their asses handed to them in 2P competition. And vice versa, of course.

Have you tried Sam Sho 3 yet? Honestly, it's not my favorite of the series, but I'll be the frist to admit that it has some of the best AI on the Neo. Sam Sho 2 has pretty good AI too, but to a lesser extent. Anyway, give them a shot if you havne't already.

Tenshokyaku

King's Dry Cleaner
I have 1, 2, 3, 4, and Special (if you can call it that...)

I'll admit sometimes I have good fights with the CPU in certain games, but I still prefer the 2P experience. It's the whole reason I'm into fighting games. I love sitting down with a bunch of friends and fighting against a wave of constantly changing tactics and characters. You know, the whole arcade experience but without the pathetic scrubs that only play to win. Good times! :buttrock:

But I digress...I've turned this thread into something other than it started for...

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Tenshokyaku said:
I have 1, 2, 3, 4, and Special (if you can call it that...)

I'll admit sometimes I have good fights with the CPU in certain games, but I still prefer the 2P experience. It's the whole reason I'm into fighting games. I love sitting down with a bunch of friends and fighting against a wave of constantly changing tactics and characters. You know, the whole arcade experience but without the pathetic scrubs that only play to win. Good times! :buttrock:

But I digress...I've turned this thread into something other than it started for...
I don't think there's anyone who doesn't prefer 2P play, but in those cases, the requirements for meeting Mizuki never come up anyway. I agree KOF bosses are obnoxious, they're one of the reasons I never got into KOF as much as some. But Geese in FFS and Krauser in FF2/S are tough but fair; you can actually fight them without resorting to pattern. Geese, Yamazaki, and the Jin bros. are great in FF3 and the Real Bouts in this way also. They are a million miles from Rugal and the rest of the KOF bosses who seem to react instantaniously to anything and with ridiculous priority. If I lose to Geese or Krauser, I feel like it was my fault, rather than that the computer cheaped me.

Getting back to topic, I haven't played SS5S yet, but when I eventually get it, and when there isn't a second player around, I'll enjoy meeting requirements to meet the final boss.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
I have the game, but I'm not at the last boss yet.

Someone mentioned that there's 5 different endings (stills, I think). How can these be seen?

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
finngamer said:
I have the game, but I'm not at the last boss yet.

Someone mentioned that there's 5 different endings (stills, I think). How can these be seen?

3 (one for each boss, I guess) + 1 (game over) + 1 (?)

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
3 for each boss

1 after beating Mizuki

1 after beating the whole game in one credit (and Mizuki).

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Quick gameplay overview for the bosses:

Amakusa: Fairly dangerous, and the new variations on the qcb moves provide a cheap yet powerful high/low game. Beating the computer can be done by ABs when Amakusa's guard is down and by waiting on the DP move. Land the finisher the same way.

Zankuro: Zankuro is the most dangerous and impressive of the 4 bosses. Jumping at him is futile unless you get over his head before he recovers. He can be punished after the green fist, but it is hard to anticipate. You will need f+D at point blank range to get out of trouble. Zankuro has trouble blocking super moves, especially if he is moving forward. Zankuro is parryable, and that may be the best way to land the finisher as well.

Gaoh: Gaoh is fairly unimpressive and beating him is almost a given. The only hard part is landing the finisher, because Gaoh is so weak on offense that he won't attack enough to be easy to parry. You may want to draw him into his DP move, which lowers his guard for a good amount of time.

Mizuki: Mizuki is nothing compared to the Mizuki of old. Perhaps that's why the Sam team / Yuki held off on bringing her back for so long... she can never be the same again. :( Anyway, as a human player, you can teleport behind your opponent and follow with the pig throw, which is fairly cheap and can get you some wins. I have yet to see the CPU do much of anything with Mizuki, however.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Tenshokyaku said:
You have to use the Zetsumei Ougi on Amakusa, Pretty lame in my opinion. I hate having to finish off fights a certain way to advance in the game. Isn't the CPU hard enough? SVC Chaos pissed me off that way, too.

Don't forget KOF 03. Gotta love how Kusanagi will auto-guard uppercut me out of every DM I do, but the dumbass will run into just about everything else.

I've already gone back to playing SSV when I'm not busy with Castlevania: LOI.

Despite getting some enjoyment out of Zankuro, Gaoh and Mizuki, I've already grown tired of the (At times) BS AI and another ridiculous condition for finishing a game. That's something I didn't miss in SSV.

Innovator

Cheng's Errand Boy
:angry: I hate that stupid shit in KOF'03 about killing Kusanagi with a DM. It's just a lame attempt to make Adel being in the game justified. It sounds like I'd hate to play the AI in SSVS. Lame.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Verbatum said:
3 for each boss

1 after beating Mizuki

1 after beating the whole game in one credit (and Mizuki).

I beat the game without continuing, but I didn't get the special ending. What's wrong?

I didn't use fatality on Mizuki, and I was playing on difficulty level 1, with rounds set on 1. Has one of these conditions been in the way?