February

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
So . . . why doesn't the world collectively agree to take a couple of 31st days off of January, March, July, etc. and stick them onto February to make it more uniform in length compared to the other months? We'd still have 365 days in a year and it'd make more sense. Is there some kind of astrological/scientific significance/reasoning to February being shorter than the others that I'm unaware of or something?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Would you like to deal with all the changes required to software, documentation, and infrastructure built around this?

There are many illogical patterns that will remain in place due to the effort required to change them.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
That's a very good point, I didn't think of the consequences on software at all, I imagine that could potentially be a serious clusterfuck.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Well September and October where obviously originally the 7th and 8th months of the year. December the 10th I'd assume too? At some point the romans decided to throw a couple of months in named after emperors or gods or something and all logic went out the window.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I would rather just remove the whole month of February.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I would rather just remove the whole month of February.

I despise February.

I bust the year down into 3 sections, March-June, July-October, November-February. Nov-Feb is fucking miserable around here. Grey, dead, cold, windy, short daylight. Sure, there's the holidays, but that doesn't help a ton.

Feb is like the last miserable leg of a race...just gotta get through it. You've been dealing with shit weather for months and being stuck indoors begins to weigh on everyone.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I despise February.

I bust the year down into 3 sections, March-June, July-October, November-February. Nov-Feb is fucking miserable around here. Grey, dead, cold, windy, short daylight. Sure, there's the holidays, but that doesn't help a ton.

Feb is like the last miserable leg of a race...just gotta get through it. You've been dealing with shit weather for months and being stuck indoors begins to weigh on everyone.

Lets move black history months to December

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Just use Julian Day numbers for everything. Solved it.