• Streets of Rage 3

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Streets of Rage Remake

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Going to have to vote 1, as it's the one I played the most "back in the day" and got me into beat-em-ups along with Golden Axe.

Man the Genesis 6-Pak was such a great value.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Two for me, but I am looking forward to Streets of Rage 4: Rage On.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Burning fight > SOR

HELL NO, and there ain't a neo brawler i've played that's anywhere near as good as SOR 2, or some of the capcom brawlers (capcom rule the brawler roost for me).

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Ill always love the first one for a combo of the music and playability and the fact It was segas two fingers up to nintendo with their final fight exclusively on the snes at the time. 2 is probably a better game though.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
SOR2 always and forever but I do like all 3. The XBL trilogy was actually well done, only played local co-op, would love to try a online co-op run on SOR2 if anyone is game for that. The Final Fight crybabies can fuck off, yes we know FF is awesome now can it and talk about SOR. Oh yeah (Edit) fuck the Bare Knuckle fucks too, it's god damn SOR, we're talking in 'MURIKAN you fakken douchers.

Last edited:

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I'm in the minority, but I'm going with 3. What other game lets you kick ass as a kangaroo?

@M

20 Year Member
Ah, right you are, I had forgotten all about Tekken's Roger. Actually, now that I think about it some more, the old 1982 Atari Kangaroo arcade game had a boxing kangaroo too . . . but she was beating on monkeys, not humans.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I voted SOR1.

Overall I think SOR2 is the better beat em up, however, I don't like how any of the characters play outside of Axel. I think the other 3 play pretty shit tbh. However...

I love using all and any of the 3 characters in SOR1. I think they all look and play great! The game doesn't look as nice as SOR2 (looks quite heavily dated today tbh, but still charming enough) and SOR2 has a a more in depth system, but overall, I enjoy the feel and characters in SOR1 more...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Skates SOR2, the best, mega cheester macdaddy real mcoy yo!

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
Love them all, but 2 will always hold a special place in my heart (and formative gaming years) that I don't think any other game can touch, period.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I voted SOR1.

Overall I think SOR2 is the better beat em up, however, I don't like how any of the characters play outside of Axel. I think the other 3 play pretty shit tbh. However...

I love using all and any of the 3 characters in SOR1. I think they all look and play great! The game doesn't look as nice as SOR2 (looks quite heavily dated today tbh, but still charming enough) and SOR2 has a a more in depth system, but overall, I enjoy the feel and characters in SOR1 more...

All the characters in SoR2 play different, you just have to get used to them. Axel is the easiest one to pick IMO, think of him like Ryu/Ken in SF2. Max is slow, but nothing like splitting a Galsia's back, and the slide is nice for getting out of some troubles. Also, he's the best with the metal pipe/bat, because it does damage left and right. Blaze is nice with the knife, really fast, but the F,F+B attack takes time to get used to. I'd say she's the hardest to get used to. Skate is also very fast, its F,F+B attack is great if you do it close to the...let's say victim, and it looks great on Zamza or Big Bear's shoulders punching his head.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think Blaze is pretty balance and very friendly to use. Skates is the best.

@M

20 Year Member
The NA version of SoR3 is hard, but that's 'cuz some idiot made it that way for the NA market when it was localized. The Japanese version (Bare Knuckles 3) is easier, and comparable to SoR2 in difficulty, plus it has extra stuff that was cut/censored from the US version, so, you might find said original release more enjoyable.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
There's a hack out there that adds english to the original JP rom with no other changes. If you've got a ED or emu setup I recommend checking it out.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
There's a hack out there that adds english to the original JP rom with no other changes. If you've got a ED or emu setup I recommend checking it out.

I tried it and it's very nice, but it seems to me that it also affects the AI/difficulty. I get consistently farther in the game when playing the English-patched rom than when playing the Japanese rom, both on hardest difficulty.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Interesting, I'll have to look into that. I never played the non-patched version.