FATSTACKS, Owensboro is top 11 cities Millenials are moving to.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
They will gentrify the fuck out of joeaverage’s neighborhood and replace his house with an artisanal bourbon distillery and beard grooming palace.

Only fucked up thing is prices start getting out of hand. $12 pints of beer, $25 hair cuts, $15 shots or mixed drinks made with that artisanal bourban.
Just wait till they starting their wack Happy Hour with $1 off any pint.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Jesus, is it really that bad?

I live in the oldest neighborhood in my town. The plus side is that the houses are mostly really cool (large, various classic styles of architecture, etc.) Back in it's day, this was the rich folks' neighborhood. Then it took a pretty big nose dive in the 70's, and started coming back up in the 90's and 00's. These days it is a mostly very nice neighborhood with the occasional shitty house, because either someone tore down an old house and built a shitty rental property, someone owns what could be a nice house but doesn't fix it up because it's a rental property, etc. The neighborhood keeps getting better year by year because what were shitty rental properties are being bought, remodeled, and flipped because property values here are going way up, but it takes time.

We are also bad neighborhood-adjacent (walk 2 or 3 streets in the wrong direction and you won't like where you end up.) Lastly, there is a small park a couple of streets away that is completely surrounded by houses and is therefore not visible from any street (it is accessible only by paths between some houses), which makes it a great place for homeless meth heads to congregate.

There really isn't any "serious" crime here outside of isolated incidents of gang violence where the only victims are other gang members, but I have been on the receiving end of some "irritating" crime. For instance, I used to have a San Francisco Giants garden flag in the planter bed in front of my front window, but it got stolen. One night I forgot to lock my car, and someone went through it and stole some low-value items (probably a meth head who figured he could sell the stuff for literally a few dollars.) And most annoyingly, I bought an MV-1C from Xian Xi, and it was stolen off of my front porch before I could make it home to grab it (really irritating because it almost certainly ended up being thrown away when the thief couldn't figure out what it was, and because I had to eat the loss since it was a private party sale.)

So is it *that* bad? No. But as someone who financially puts more into the system than I take out, it's really fucking irritating because on top of my tax dollars going to help the lower class and to put other people's kids through school, I have people stealing from me. This is why middle class people to join the GOP (not that I'm ever going to do that.)

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Lastly, there is a small park a couple of streets away that is completely surrounded by houses and is therefore not visible from any street (it is accessible only by paths between some houses), which makes it a great place for homeless meth heads to congregate.

That seems like an easy problem to fix, if the homeowners surrounding it would care for 30 seconds. (Just vote to fill it with inhospitable plants and fence it off...)

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I live in the oldest neighborhood in my town. The plus side is that the houses are mostly really cool (large, various classic styles of architecture, etc.) Back in it's day, this was the rich folks' neighborhood. Then it took a pretty big nose dive in the 70's, and started coming back up in the 90's and 00's. These days it is a mostly very nice neighborhood with the occasional shitty house, because either someone tore down an old house and built a shitty rental property, someone owns what could be a nice house but doesn't fix it up because it's a rental property, etc. The neighborhood keeps getting better year by year because what were shitty rental properties are being bought, remodeled, and flipped because property values here are going way up, but it takes time.

We are also bad neighborhood-adjacent (walk 2 or 3 streets in the wrong direction and you won't like where you end up.) Lastly, there is a small park a couple of streets away that is completely surrounded by houses and is therefore not visible from any street (it is accessible only by paths between some houses), which makes it a great place for homeless meth heads to congregate.

There really isn't any "serious" crime here outside of isolated incidents of gang violence where the only victims are other gang members, but I have been on the receiving end of some "irritating" crime. For instance, I used to have a San Francisco Giants garden flag in the planter bed in front of my front window, but it got stolen. One night I forgot to lock my car, and someone went through it and stole some low-value items (probably a meth head who figured he could sell the stuff for literally a few dollars.) And most annoyingly, I bought an MV-1C from Xian Xi, and it was stolen off of my front porch before I could make it home to grab it (really irritating because it almost certainly ended up being thrown away when the thief couldn't figure out what it was, and because I had to eat the loss since it was a private party sale.)

So is it *that* bad? No. But as someone who financially puts more into the system than I take out, it's really fucking irritating because on top of my tax dollars going to help the lower class and to put other people's kids through school, I have people stealing from me. This is why middle class people to join the GOP (not that I'm ever going to do that.)

Sounds exactly like my area in Columbus. Except the meth heads are about 1/4 of a mile away, and sometimes wander around looking for unlocked cars, and mail packages.

I had to get a PO Box after recovering my stolen property from used game shops 3 times. Last time I had to prosecute the girl. Stole a few packages that contained Blue's Journey, Spellcaster on SMS, and Eternal Darkness. With luck I was able to do the job of the police, because some 19 year old girl could have bought those exact 3 games.... Thankfully the spellcaster had some passwords written on the manual in the eBay auction, and the seller was nice enough to email me back with proof it was the same game. So I was able to link them to her as stolen property.

As for my vehicle, I learned long ago to just drive an old beater. I just leave it unlocked and if someone wants to scrounge around looking for loose pennies all night, more power to em.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If my neighborhood had a problem with package thievery, I would just construct a 3' x 2' strong box with a locking latch and put in on my porch.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
If my neighborhood had a problem with package thievery, I would just construct a 3' x 2' strong box with a locking latch and put in on my porch.

I hear you, but I don't really think that would go to well with my house. I have an Amazon locker where I work, and a PO Box. So I'm good.