Fatal Fury Special. That damn good?

crazycanuck

Crossed Swords Squire
starman said:
Although FFS is miles ahead of FF1/2, it still hasn't aged well. That doesn't mean it's not fun to play though, if you can get into it with a couple of friends, it's going to be loads of fun. The artwork, music, and horrifically fag announcer, however, annoy me to no extent, and the wretchedly gay winquotes don't help.

Take this into consideration:
Everything that was done in FFS has been done better in later games.

It's not that it's better, it's too different to be comparable... FFS has gameplay of games of beginning of 90's and you cannot compare it to a real bout special for instance... you just have to have both to have the full experience !!!

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
FFS has only one special ending right??? the funny character interactive bits like those in RBS, theres only one right. in RBS there where 4 different ones, getting another one as you complete the game again. anybody....?

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Honestly, i played it for 2 or 3 hours and HATED it
i held it as one of the the worst neo games
But...
Suddenly
One day, when i accidentally loaded FFS
I thought "Meh cant be bothered to load another" and decided to play
I slipped into my Old School Groove :kekeke:
And now its one of my favourite neo games
WORSHIP IT

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
soulthag said:
I slipped into my Old School Groove
Magnaflux said:

Hahaha, FFS came out before soulthug could speak.

Anyways, FF2>FFS...I tried to get into FFS, just couldn't. I find FF2 to be the better.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
LoneSage said:
Hahaha, FFS came out before soulthug could speak.

Anyways, FF2>FFS...I tried to get into FFS, just couldn't. I find FF2 to be the better.

You're one of the few that agree with me. I've always thought FF2>FFS.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
You're one of the few that agree with me. I've always thought FF2>FFS.

I've never understood this. The only thing I can think of that would make people prefer it over FFS is the little story cut-scenes. Other than that, FFS is everything FF2 was, but tweaked, toned, and a lot better.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Wes said:
The only thing I can think of that would make people prefer it over FFS is the little story cut-scenes. Other than that, FFS is everything FF2 was, but tweaked, toned, and a lot better.

All of that is true, but it felt so re-hashed that it just wasn't as fun as the original.
Besides, I do believe I like the backgrounds in FF2 more. Perhaps the music, it's been awhile.