EVO 2015 lineup revealed: KoF XIII is OUT

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
the real surprise is no usfiv and pokken's inclusion

Bigger is Tekken 7 with no console release. Evo doesn't do arcade anymore. How much money went to set that up? Though 2 smash games and omiting USFIV is pretty messed up. Give me whatever numbers you want SFIV has topped them all since 2009. Seriously who sucks who's dick to get Mahvel in?

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Well is one of the biggest fighting games in history and has been featured on the mainstage several times. No surprise there.

Marvel even more since Marvel is just as important to the Evo legacy as SF. Not to mention it always has strong numbers and also there hasn't been a game to replace it yet. Marvels not going anywhere till the next the versus game is released.

Another big shock to me was seeing 3 Nintendo (also 3 Namco depending on how you look at it) games featured while only 2 Capcom games. I never would have saw that coming in a million years.

Evo is becoming less and less the Capcom Games Championship featuring 2 or 3 other games, to an actual diverse world wide fighting game tourney championship.

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
I wonder if classical fighting games are going to migrate toward the Smash style formula.. Or at least start being influenced by them. Like someone earlier said, those games are huge with teenagers, manchilds and furries and are turning into the bread and butters of tournaments. I personally feel that while the new street fighter games are incredibly well made, the franchise is getting old. Maybe it's just not for me anymore.

One franchise that deserves more love is Gundam VS. I imported the original PS3 version back then and I had mad fun with friends, and we're not weeaboos or into animes. It's a shame that Namco is being annoying about it and are now against releasing home ports of the newer versions, because they want to protect japanese arcades.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I wonder if classical fighting games are going to migrate toward the Smash style formula.. Or at least start being influenced by them.

I hope not, but I'd like new games to do their own thing. I wouldn't want SF to turn into Smash, but I wouldn't mind seeing an entirely new non-Nintendo game do something cool and smash-like. Variety is good, I like that with the current crop of games I could play Street Fighter, Tekken, or Smash and they are all totally different.