Elemental Gimmick Gear

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
This game looks pretty damn awesome. Anyone ever play it?

0740978ef4ef37dc44c90804b422bd75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Unfortunally, I did. I've bought EGG back in the days. The game was pretty meh at the time IMO. It's probably worse now. There is way better RPGs on the Dreamcast to spend your money on like Sky of Arcadia or Grandia 2 for example.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
This is so disappointing. But I guess you guys just saved me $80

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
This is so disappointing. But I guess you guys just saved me $80

Is that really what it's going for these days? This game used to worth $5-10 for years, everybody hated it :keke:

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Is that really what it's going for these days? This game used to worth $5-10 for years, everybody hated it :keke:

Yeah. It's $75 all day long. Add taxes from Amazon or Shipping from eBay and you're at $80+

What about Record of Loduss War. It's $50.

Last edited:

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
EGG starts off slow, but it does get more entertaining. It's an action RPG and it is very reminiscent of Alundra on PS1. The 3D boss battles are a little wonky though.
It's not worth $75. $30 maybe.

Record of Lodoss War is a lot like the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance games, or a faster paced Diablo 1. Very western feeling.
It's worth picking up if you can find it for around $20-25

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
holy shit we live in an age where fucking EGG is going for $80, lol

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
EGG was an interesting game to have in your collection when it was a $10 bargain bin title, wouldn't pay close to $80 for it though.

I bought Lodoss War back in the day used for $40 and enjoyed it at the time, not sure how I would like it now. It was a bit Diablo-esque but had basically no story. I lost interest in the game but put in a good 25 hours before that happened.

If this isn't purely a DC nostalgia bender and you are looking for a action rpg check out Path of Exile, it is free to play and is a throwback to D2 style gameplay.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
EGG is great at taking up time that could have been spent playing superior pastel colored games. I can see what drew you to it, the art is totally unique.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
EEG isn't worth the 80 bucks but truth be told I loved the game and fully finished it. The music was pretty good and overall I loved the Zeldaish puzzle solving aspect of the game. I know I'm in a minority here but I enjoyed it from start to finish.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Great info. I'll pass on this one until it falls in my lap someday. The handrawnesque art is what drew me to it. I watched a youtube video this week that profiled rare or unique DC games and these were two games mentioned. DC seems to be going the NEO way in that many games are skyrocketing. My SNK and Capcom games are worth much more than I'd thought. Tech Romancer is ridiculous. It'll stay in the ol' collection for sure.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
This game used to be a cheapee. I remember paying about 7.99 for it back in the day.

I'd say it's a poor mans Crystalis with anime custscenes. It's an okay game if you're big into action RPGs, but it's not on par with games in the Zelda series, Ys or even the original Alundra on Playstation.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
This game used to be a cheapee. I remember paying about 7.99 for it back in the day.

I'd say it's a poor mans Crystalis with anime custscenes. It's an okay game if you're big into action RPGs, but it's not on par with games in the Zelda series, Ys or even the original Alundra on Playstation.

^^^ This ! Go try Evolution or Grandia, Im assuming you have Skies of arcadia on DC