Ebay SNAD: Not Working vs Counterfeit for software

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
So yea, I purchased a copy of adobe master collection on ebay and it turned out to be a bootleg (cheap packaging, burned cd etc). What can I say, I love buying fucking bootleg shit it seems : /

I didn't even bother trying to install it or use the key.

I will attempt to get the seller to refund me prior to opening the dispute. I will try this first but doubt it will work. Listing does state returns are accepted within 14 days but meh.

It seems there are two options.

1. File it as "not working" which means I will need to ship it back to the PO Box listed within the dispute. Of course the douche uses a PO box.

2. File it as a counterfeit and not have to ship it back, BUT you have to show that it is a fake, whatever that entails. I have read some people needed to fax proof from an authority that at item was indeed fake to fulfill that requirement. That seems like a big hassle. Others seem to have simply supplied photos as proof.

I am leaning towards "not working" but what do you guys think, anyone dealt with counterfeit or bootleg claims on ebay?

So yea, fuck buying software on ebay I am going to just buy the photoshop key from Adobe which I should of done in the first place.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
file it as a counterfeit.

because fuck that guy. dont let him do it to someone else.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
chargeback now. dont wait if you used paypal.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I definitely want to report it as counterfeit, its just stories like this that give me pause as opposed to just saying "this shit doesn't work on my pc".

I never buy computer software on ebay, this was the first time, so I wasn't aware of how prevalent piracy is on there, 90% of all the adobe products listed appear to be fake. Pretty damn sad.

Sadly, I can't do a chargeback so I have to go through the usual ebay channels.

Last edited:

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Counterfeit is easy. They just have you take a pic and attach it to the dispute. If it's clearly faux packaging and a burnt disc, you won't need some pro to prove that crap. Shut it down fast going that route so they're out their money, their fake ass product so they can't re-sell it again too, and you get paid back.