Early attempts at homemade Neo cabinets

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I found some old pictures of a couple cabinets I made. I think this was the summer after college so...2002. I only had a jig saw, so nothing was really straight. It was fun building them and getting them to work, but I think the most fun was hand painting the logo's.

This was just a little table top with a 13" monitor, had controller extensions in the from to plug in a controller.

IMAG0203.jpg

IMAG0205.jpg

This was an interpreted cocktail, the CP folded up so I could make it into a table. I put the monitor at a 45 so it was easier to see. I think there was a pause button by the speaker.

IMAG0207.jpg

IMAG0208.jpg

IMAG0209.jpg

I think if I was to attempt this again, it'd look a lot nicer. My woodworking skills have dramatically increased and so had my wiring ability.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
You should make a new one. I like the cocktail table idea.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
The cube is kind of a neat idea.

I can kinda see you comboing that with a NEO-PVM and getting something cool out of it.

red impact

Crossed Swords Squire
Some interesting work you got there!

Nice to see you still going with it after 12 years

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
I think the baby screen one is cute. Kind of reminds me of the dreamcast tv combo.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
cool!

coffee table cocktail? /insert kramer yow and lowrider pics?/ good idea?

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Wow, that looks cool. Best suited for a man cave XD.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Not bad! What happened to them?

Derail:
Spoiler:

I've always been curious about these "man caves"? What are they?
Think "cave of a man." Where does a man have a cave? Usually between his butcheeks.
Spoiler:
butcheeks.jpg

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
cool!

coffee table cocktail? /insert kramer yow and lowrider pics?/ good idea?

What? Karou you're killing me here.

Not bad! What happened to them?

Not exactly sure, I think I found a job and had to move them out of my parents garage. I still have the 1-slot mobo, and the "mini" side pieces of the painted logo. I think the monitors got parted out.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
What? Karou you're killing me here.

funny like or otherwise? like a aneurysm cuz my stupido is so hard to understand? those ones are great but you said your skills have improved and you are considering a new build...so I ''suggested'' a lowrider cocktail coffee table. the Kramer reference was because of his coffee table book about coffee tables not because he's known as a rascist now. I think if it was as low as the monitor would allow and in a table it'd be pretty neat in front of the couch? use something beside the red though and have the controls fold or slide out for use so wifes would accept it? the top could be wood with the glass just recessed into it so you could see the monitor? two vertical (calling the tables top horizontal)supports with that furniture moving stuff on the bottom and you don't have to worry about lifting to move it?

whatever great job on those they are really cool, way beyond my ghetto tv in a box what with using real monitors and psu and sticks and such.-feel better?

Last edited:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
haha the cube looks awesome in a sort of organic, Pee Wee's Playhouse kind of way! I'd totally put it in my game room