Dying to play Tekken online!

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
So, why don't I just buy the online patch? Um, I did! I can NOT get online... I can, but I can't actually connect with anyone while on it. This really really sucks. Anyone else experience network problems with this game? Shame, because I've played tons of online games on PS3 without trouble... hell, I've not played a console game that has less lag than Resistance. What gives?

I can't wait to play you guys, but I can't seem to get on. Maybe someone here can play me? I can make a room and invite? LMK if anyone here can help.

As of now, I paid 10 dollars for practice mode and a cooler looking title screen. :annoyed:

Chunky Lover 53

Fio's Quartermaster
I have not had any problems playing online at all. Add ChunkyLover to your friends list. I will play anytime

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I'll add you, but I'll be damned if I can play. I REALLY want to play some people from here... god I'm terrible at the game, but I want to play.

Look out for "jorant" to show up on your friend's list, then.

Chunky Lover 53

Fio's Quartermaster
Fuck, Im starting to have problems too. Every time I start a match I get kicked out with this message (A network error occurred Returning to the title screen) On line right now trying to start a battle room. Give me a shout Spike.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I was playing this for a couple hours last night with a friend.

I have a feeling the lag will be horrible, but please add me if you want to try sometime.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
I'm dying to play this online, too, but apparently Sony is having issues since I can't add funds to my account. It's happening to other folks, too. Anyone this issue in the last several days? It's beginning to piss me off.

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
Make sure your internet settings for PS3 are NAT 1 or 2. Tekken has issues if you have it set to NAT 3. You will be able to get into a room, then you get an error message and get kicked.

I have played at a friend's for a bit. Lag is tolerable if the other person is close by, but if they are a few states away you have issues. It gets bad enough that jabs and cheese tactics tend to win just due to lack of time to respond to them. Its really what most expected from an online fighter. Good luck with the low parries with anyone outside of your city.

Last edited:

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Finally got funds added to my account and bought this today.

I'm having the same issue with being booted from rooms for some network connection error. My connection is listed as NAT2, so I can't count out my connection being a problem. But, ever since the last update for the PS3, lots of issues have arisen about being able to get online with some games.

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
Odd, my issues cleared right up when I swapped to Nat 2 upon advice of people at the TZ website.