dreamcast ssf2x matching service dipswitch

samurai10000

New Challenger
I have been trying to unlock the dipswitch menu for a few weeks. I beat the game with all super and turbo versions of all characters. I go to the options hold y and press start and get nothing. I have beaten the game with everyone a few times. I set the difficulty to one star so I could get through things faster. Are there certain stipulations with the code that I am not following. This is driving me crazy. I like the game but the main reason I got it is because of the secret menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
lol

I remember getting pissed off about that.

It turns out I didn't beat the game with the old characters.

What a fucking n00b. :tickled:

Does it say where you have the option to turn the text to English?

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Ahhhh I found it.

That's BALLINNNNNN!!!11!1!

samurai10000

New Challenger
I know I did all the requirements properly to unlock this, and never got the dipswitch menu after three attempts. I got so frustrated I decided to hook the dc to the internet and download the game save file on gamefaqs. I am not into online gaming and never used the dc internet capabilities. I did not even know you could download game save files so easily. This is such a great way to save time. I loaded files for all kinds of stuff. The ss2x dipswitch menu has so many ways to tweak the game. This is for sure the most entertaining version of ss2x ever released. It is way better then the emulated ps2 ccc2 version. Gamefaqs also had a good translation faq of the menus in the game since they are all in Japanese.

samurai10000

New Challenger
Everyone I have played it with likes it better. I feel as if the ps2 ccc2 version seems real glitched up. It does not feel like a polished product. I feel as if they could have done a lot better with it. The difficulty is screwed up also. And it does not have all the nice options the dc version has. I have heard the dc version has slightly smaller characters and hitboxes. I do not notice it really at all. I am not a hardcore crazed tournament player that knows every hitbox, glitch, combo, and cheep in the game but I sure enjoy playing the dc version better. With your expertise what are the main differences that I have not pointed out. I just feel the ps2 ccc2 was rushed and the dc version had more love put into it. I guess it comes down to personal preference because I just play the one I have more fun with. Still would be nice to know any earth shattering differences.