Downgrading my PSP

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Hey folks, I saw the thread about playing CPS2 games on a PSP and I thought it was high time that I did it myself. I have version 2.00 installed on my PSP because I heard there was a picture file you could upload and it would revert it back to an older version to play homebrews..

I went to hackmypsp.com and I downloaded "Working 2.0 to 1.5 Downgrader" and followed all the instructions and it doesn't work. I made an UPDATE folder inside GAMES, and I put the file inside, I put the picture into the PHOTO part and the other two into my MP_ROOT.

When I go to the Photo part and try to load the picture it just freezes and I can't load the picture.

Could sombody tell me what I'm doing wrong if you tried this before?

Also, is there any good FAQ's for the CPS2 Emulator? I looked it up and downloaded it and it's all in japanese.

Thanks for the help in advance!

muffinman943

Banned
if ur psp isnt already bricked, I would try downloading it from some place else again.. If not that it might be a ta082 board perhaps?

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
YuckMud said:
Hey folks, I saw the thread about playing CPS2 games on a PSP and I thought it was high time that I did it myself. I have version 2.00 installed on my PSP because I heard there was a picture file you could upload and it would revert it back to an older version to play homebrews..

I went to hackmypsp.com and I downloaded "Working 2.0 to 1.5 Downgrader" and followed all the instructions and it doesn't work. I made an UPDATE folder inside GAMES, and I put the file inside, I put the picture into the PHOTO part and the other two into my MP_ROOT.

When I go to the Photo part and try to load the picture it just freezes and I can't load the picture.

Could sombody tell me what I'm doing wrong if you tried this before?

Also, is there any good FAQ's for the CPS2 Emulator? I looked it up and downloaded it and it's all in japanese.

Thanks for the help in advance!

wtf is your MP_ROOT?

lets pretend your psp when you hook it up to your pc via USB pops up as your H drive, ok?

h:/ = root of your psp memory stick
update folder would be in: h:/PSP/GAME
so then, h:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/ contains EBOOT.PBP file

overflow.tiff goes in h:/PSP/PHOTO/

h.bin and index.dat go into your root of your memory stick which means:

h:/
---h.bin
---index.dat

im pretty sure you probably have some folder in your root (h:/ ) called "MP_ROOT" and you dropped those 2 files in there.

double check what you did.

- oh and if this worked, i want $10 paypal.

Last edited:

eclypse

Banned
Yeah thats what he did cuase i did the same thing.. Tried it 3 times before i figured it out.. Each time the system would freeze up at the pic selection sceen and turn off.. Everything was ok though.. no brick. Yeah kinda confusing since they call for root foler and theres a MP_root folder!

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Wasted all that time typing out that shit for what? nuffin.
Where the fuck is muddbutt?

BIG

sony fanboy
Just follow the readme carefully and you'll be fine.

Oh yeah. Be sure to disable firewall/anti-virus program during the dump process so that the 'overflow.tif' won't be deleted as it is a trojan file.

B-

muffinman943

Banned
BIG said:
Just follow the readme carefully and you'll be fine.

Oh yeah. Be sure to disable firewall/anti-virus program during the dump process so that the 'overflow.tif' won't be deleted as it is a trojan file.

B-

yeah mcaffee virus scan was such a bitch with that to me.. It kept deleting the file:mad_2: even after i turned the thing off

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Sorry, was busy just had a chance to do it again. With the same results.

I made an UPDATE folder inside GAMES and put, EBOOT.PBP in it.

I put Overflow.tft into the PHOTO folder.

And then I put index and h into my MP_Root folder

I did everything like the readme said and I didn't get any errors with the Overflow picture and the PSP still freezes and shuts itself off when I go to load the picture.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/Yuckmud/MP.jpg

This is a picture of my MP_ROOT folder. Do those two other folders need to be in there? There both empty.

Sorry if this is a bit "noobish" of me but I have only put one video onto my PSP when I first got it to try it out but only had room for a small film trailer because I only have the card that came with it, but if I can get this to work I'm planning on getting a bigger card to put some extra emulators and games on it.

BIG

sony fanboy
YuckMud said:

I did everything like the readme said and I didn't get any errors with the Overflow picture and the PSP still freezes and shuts itself off when I go to load the picture.

This is a picture of my MP_ROOT folder. Do those two other folders need to be in there? There both empty.

Sorry if this is a bit "noobish" of me but I have only put one video onto my PSP when I first got it to try it out but only had room for a small film trailer because I only have the card that came with it, but if I can get this to work I'm planning on getting a bigger card to put some extra emulators and games on it.

NeoCverA said:
wtf is your MP_ROOT?

lets pretend your psp when you hook it up to your pc via USB pops up as your H drive, ok?

h:/ = root of your psp memory stick
update folder would be in: h:/PSP/GAME
so then, h:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/ contains EBOOT.PBP file

overflow.tiff goes in h:/PSP/PHOTO/

h.bin and index.dat go into your root of your memory stick which means:

h:/
---h.bin
---index.dat

im pretty sure you probably have some folder in your root (h:/ ) called "MP_ROOT" and you dropped those 2 files in there.

double check what you did.

- oh and if this worked, i want $10 paypal.

B-

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
YuckMud said:

did you even read what i wrote? BIG even quoted me so you could see your error.
Im starting to think i deserve $20 via paypal once you get your poop straight. Anyway, here is your issue sire...........MP_ROOT folder - dont put your shit in there!!!

Im willing to bet you $2000.00 that nowhere in your instructions does it say to drop those 2 files in MP_ROOT folder. Now pay close attention to what the instructions say..........ROOT of your PSP and MP_ROOT are two different things ese.

take a look at my previous post once again and take time reading it. NOTHING GOES IN YOUR MP_ROOT folder - its a bullshit folder for bullshit movies which you will soon discover once you downgrade your psp.

it seems that everything else is fine so concentrate on those 2 files (h.bin and index.dat)

those go into the ROOT the root, thats the beginning of all beginnings of your PSP memory stick, its the place where you can see the "PSP" folder and even your "MP_ROOT" folder its the root of your memory stick, get it?

so again if your memory stick pops up on your computer as the "H" drive, the ROOT, (thats the ROOT) of your memory stick is H:/

so among all of the other crap folders that may reside in your ROOT such as /PSP/ and /MP_ROOT/, those 2 files must also reside.

$10 paypal and $1.50 to BIG for quoting me.

*EDIT* i just looked at your image, I want $.99 more for having to look at that crap. I wont get into how you should view file extentions, address bar and that your probably don't even deserve to downgrade you Mario DS Lite fanboy!

I hope you change your wallpaper once you get the downgrade done, something darker and manly; your entering the PSP universe son, its time to get growns up.

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Sorry about that, I'll delete the picture and get a new wallpaper. The PSP is back to 1.50. Now all I need is a bigger memory card so I can fit more then one game on it.

Once again, sorry about all that, my frist time ever hacking into this thing and thank you once again for the help.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
YuckMud said:
Sorry about that, I'll delete the picture and get a new wallpaper. The PSP is back to 1.50. Now all I need is a bigger memory card so I can fit more then one game on it.

Once again, sorry about all that, my frist time ever hacking into this thing and thank you once again for the help.

i dont need your thanks, just your money bitch.

BIG

sony fanboy
NeoCverA said:
did you even read what i wrote? BIG even quoted me so you could see your error.
Im starting to think i deserve $20 via paypal once you get your poop straight. Anyway, here is your issue sire...........MP_ROOT folder - dont put your shit in there!!!

Im willing to bet you $2000.00 that nowhere in your instructions does it say to drop those 2 files in MP_ROOT folder. Now pay close attention to what the instructions say..........ROOT of your PSP and MP_ROOT are two different things ese.

take a look at my previous post once again and take time reading it. NOTHING GOES IN YOUR MP_ROOT folder - its a bullshit folder for bullshit movies which you will soon discover once you downgrade your psp.

it seems that everything else is fine so concentrate on those 2 files (h.bin and index.dat)

those go into the ROOT the root, thats the beginning of all beginnings of your PSP memory stick, its the place where you can see the "PSP" folder and even your "MP_ROOT" folder its the root of your memory stick, get it?

so again if your memory stick pops up on your computer as the "H" drive, the ROOT, (thats the ROOT) of your memory stick is H:/

so among all of the other crap folders that may reside in your ROOT such as /PSP/ and /MP_ROOT/, those 2 files must also reside.

$10 paypal and $1.50 to BIG for quoting me.

*EDIT* i just looked at your image, I want $.99 more for having to look at that crap. I wont get into how you should view file extentions, address bar and that your probably don't even deserve to downgrade you Mario DS Lite fanboy!

I hope you change your wallpaper once you get the downgrade done, something darker and manly; your entering the PSP universe son, its time to get growns up.

LOL

B-