DLC never going down in price

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I co-sign with what everybody has stated with today's games. Today's gaming industry is the reason for the retro explosion (prices).
BB

Interesting thought, and not one I previously considered.

I guess I can see that. The old/good games aren't good because they're old, they're good because they're good...best of all, they're encapsulated and they still work. Sure, there are some hardware woes form time to time but more often than not, old games weren't so damn buggy. They'd have odd glitches here and there, but not ones that would completely crash the game.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Pretty Simple:

If it's not on disc, I don't buy it.

This goes for everything.

I haven't bought an Itunes or Amazon music track in nearly 10 years.

But this month, I've bought close to a hundred records, 20 CDs and 400 cassette tapes.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Other than not being tangible, dlc is a pain in the ass for these reasons

1.) Copyright/license runs out and you can't download it anymore

2.) Your system dies and depending upon the system it can be a major pain in the ass to get back

3.) Replaced unlockables for the most part in games

4.) nickel and dimes you for stupid ass shit like costumes

5.) exclusive pre-order dlc when pre-ordering a game is mad dumb

6.)what happens when years down the road when the service is unavailable. People always forget about this.

tl;dr I feel like dlc is just another way to take rights away from consumers and put the ball into the companies court. Gone are they days of releasing games without stupid ass bugs, we'll patch them later is the philosophy (this isn't unique to games but I digress). I hate that shit and it rears its ugly head whenever I want to play a modern game. I just wanna play a game and I have to wait until its all done patching or updating to a new firmware.

With this in mind, I feel very few dlc's are done right, but that is just my opinion man.

Also what is up with digital releases never going down in price or being the same price or higher than physical? Shit is fucking dumb.

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
DLC won't go down in price on consoles because that's where the industry makes most of its money.

If companies want more money from DLC then they should all start offering bikini costumes for their characters.

I've spent so much money on Dead or Alive DLC costumes that I probably single-handedly helped everyone at Tecmo buy their own boats...and their children their own boats...and even their children's children their own boats.

And I regret nothing.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
That's why I love Respawn. Going forward, any and all DLC is free.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I haven't bought an Itunes or Amazon music track in nearly 10 years.

But this month, I've bought close to a hundred records, 20 CDs and 400 cassette tapes.

My physical media purchases are up too. But the difference is that physical media pricing is way down because people are buying digital and not physical.