Dig Dug Digging Strike Roll Call

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Wow. My first Roll Call post. Anyway, I've been looking forward to this game, for some good updated old-school Namco goodness. I saw some blurry movies of it, and even they look like it's got some serious gameplay in there.

Of course, this comes at a time when I'm comparing the efforts of Taizo and Susumu with Jack T(our favorite gamer-hater) and his ability to dig a hole for himself. If this saves to a name profile, I think I know what to name it.

Anyway, I'll hopefully be able to post impressions, and they probably will be long. I might have some opinions in there, but at least I'll be thorough as usual. That way, you can read the whole thing and still come to your own conclusions as to whether you want it or not, because you can see if you'd enjoy a gameplay aspect or not. However, being it is a Namco game, I'll try not to reveal every gameplay aspect, if I *excuse the expression* dig deep enough. If there's something cool I discovered, that adds to the game, I'll hint there's something there without saying what it is. Even some of their simple games had some cool *partial* easter egg aspects which change how you want to play the game, for best results or scores. However, if it simply advertises it, I'll mention it.

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
I'm buying it as soon as I can get my hands on a copy.

Namco 4EVAH!

(This game only got a 6.0 from gamespot, but fuck it...it looks like I'd really enjoy it.)

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I had picked up the import of this game over a month ago and really didn't get into it. I love Namco and Dig Dug but the whole dig under the pillars to drop the boss into the water got old really fast.

It would be interesting to see what you think of it. I also wonder if they made any changes since they pushed back the USA release from its original date in September.

Anyway, I would say it is a 6 or 7 out of 10.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
I'm gonna give it a chance. I was a fan of the Dig Dug series. I'll pick it up for nostalgias sake.

Phillip