Did Whip still keep her Desert Eagle in KOF 2K?

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I did a search for "Whip Desert Eagle" in the hopes that maybe someone else had asked this question before... Kim Kaphwan's post says her Desert Eagle is 421 + punch, is this still the case in KOF 2K? And when can you use it, is it anytime, or only as follow up on a downed opponent?

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
bokmeow said:
I did a search for "Whip Desert Eagle" in the hopes that maybe someone else had asked this question before... Kim Kaphwan's post says her Desert Eagle is 421 + punch, is this still the case in KOF 2K? And when can you use it, is it anytime, or only as follow up on a downed opponent?
Her Desert Eagle doesn't appear in my copy of the KOF'00 Arcadia Mook -- but it's listed as 421 + punch in my guidebooks for '99, '01, '02, and '03. Looks like she lost it for '00.

--Chris

bokmeow

Dash no Chris said:
Her Desert Eagle doesn't appear in my copy of the KOF'00 Arcadia Mook -- but it's listed as 421 + punch in my guidebooks for '99, '01, '02, and '03. Looks like she lost it for '00.

--Chris

Yeah, it looks that way..... I tried out the 421 + punch and no desert eagle showed up. They probably thought that the whip crack was enough, no need to do her any more favors.

G-Product

Benimaru's Hairdresser
why worry about a move with terrible range, start-up & recovery but she does have it in 02 & 03 I know.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
bokmeow said:
Yeah, it looks that way..... I tried out the 421 + punch and no desert eagle showed up. They probably thought that the whip crack was enough, no need to do her any more favors.

If you're playing on US Bios, forget it man. It's edited out in the US until 2k1, and even then we see bullets and no gun. Darn shame.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
G-Product said:
why worry about a move with terrible range, start-up & recovery but she does have it in 02 & 03 I know.
You use it as a pursuit move.

bokmeow

SouthtownKid said:
You use it as a pursuit move.

What SouthtownKid said.

Looks like I should get KOF2k2 sometime.

AFter I play the shit out of KOF 2k :heart:

bokmeow

G-Product said:
as in wake-up, I dunno about that.

No, as in hitting a knocked-down opponent.

Whip still has her whip crack that hits a downed opponent.

Takuma has a df + B that hits a downed opponent as well.

G-Product

Benimaru's Hairdresser
bokmeow said:
No, as in hitting a knocked-down opponent.

Whip still has her whip crack that hits a downed opponent.

Takuma has a df + B that hits a downed opponent as well.

yeah but wouldn't u be fucked if they quick recovered?

bokmeow

G-Product said:
yeah but wouldn't u be fucked if they quick recovered?

One basically uses them sparingly, or against CPU, as it never does emergency recovery when it lands.

Basically only Whip's whip crack has a good stay-away distance, and comes out incredibly quick.

G-Product

Benimaru's Hairdresser
bokmeow said:
One basically uses them sparingly, or against CPU, as it never does emergency recovery when it lands.

Basically only Whip's whip crack has a good stay-away distance, and comes out incredibly quick.

the whip crack is forward + A right, cuz that is a good move. And I like her Spider-Man swing.