DFK iPhone 8/26

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Special Commemorative Price of $4.99, £2.99 and €3.99 for 4 days starting August 26th (Japan time)!

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Awesome. I was hoping they'd do this. I missed out on the intro price for Esp2. I'll definitely be there day one to purchase DFK.

Thanks for the heads up.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Dammit, This is coming sooner than I want. I haven't decided on whether I want to get the new version of the ipod touch or an ipad.

Either way. This is great news.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Dammit, This is coming sooner than I want. I haven't decided on whether I want to get the new version of the ipod touch or an ipad.

Either way. This is great news.

Well, you know the iPad is gonna come out with a retina display soon.

Wait on both.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
And a fingerprint lock too.

I'm still slummin' it with my 1G iPod touch, so I'm SOL on this one.

It could probably run on a 1G too, they're just being greedy bitches about it.

Still cheaper than getting a JP 360 tho.

subcons

I don't know man... playing Esp2 on my 3G makes it feel like it's going to catch on fire after a while and you can practically see the battery drain in real-time. They really seem to be squeezing every ounce of power out the tiny thing.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
And a fingerprint lock too.

I'm still slummin' it with my 1G iPod touch, so I'm SOL on this one.

Still cheaper than getting a JP 360 tho.

How would limiting the amount of people that could buy their games be greedy? They don't make any money off of Apple hardware sales, and save for a few crazy people around here, no one is going to upgrade their device for only one or two games.

If they could have gotten this to run on iPhone 3G and earlier devices, they would have done so.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Well, you know the iPad is gonna come out with a retina display soon.

Wait on both.

I was planning on waiting till sept for the new ipod revision. I hadn't heard anything concrete yet regarding an Ipad update. My boss from work is letting me borrow his. The Ipad is good for game apps. I don't know how much actual surfing or anything else I would do on it.

iluvmonsterz

Edo Express Delivery Guy
used to be a big apple fan(used their products for art applications)....but once they started their ipod a week bullshit i lost any interest in lining their pockets so i could stay semi-current on their tech....which is a shame cause i love me some cave shooties!!! maybe i ll wait til theres like 4 or 5 cave games out and then pick up an ipad, that way i dont have to worry about upgrading after i only get a game or 2.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
used to be a big apple fan(used their products for art applications)....but once they started their ipod a week bullshit i lost any interest in lining their pockets so i could stay semi-current on their tech....which is a shame cause i love me some cave shooties!!! maybe i ll wait til theres like 4 or 5 cave games out and then pick up an ipad, that way i dont have to worry about upgrading after i only get a game or 2.

Not to defend Apple, but no one is forcing you to upgrade. There is never a good time to buy technology, plain and simple. If I have the dollars, I might get a Gen 2 iPad.

Only had this one for an hour or so, but this game is amazing. Super smooth and very detailed graphics. It looks better than 360 death smiles, IMO. The iPhone mode is interesting...not sure I like it as much as iPhone mode in ESP galuda 2, but still a nice twist on the gameplay. Controls are accurate and the achievements seem approately spaced, if a bit generous. Completely worth the price...makes me want to get a tv hookup for the phone!

iluvmonsterz

Edo Express Delivery Guy
dude, i have been at this for awhile i understand tech advances quickly...but every three months a new rev of a current product? or even every year? with software that wont work on the older versions of said product? i just dont buy into that. wish i could feel good about upgrading something that much but i dont..not looking down on others for doing this just cant do it myself, i learned from past mistakes. i m personaly getting tired of nintendos shite myself as it is actually surpassed apples upgrade madness.
i disagree, there are good times to buy tech, and early in a new products lifespan is not one of them, thus the gen1----genX debate with the i pad. my current rule of thumb is how much software or media does it support? enough that i feel justified? then i buy it. sorry to derail, like i said given time and more shooties i ll proly pick up an ipad or pod. who knows maybe and ipad mini will come out in the next 6 months?
Not to defend Apple, but no one is forcing you to upgrade. There is never a good time to buy technology, plain and simple. If I have the dollars, I might get a Gen 2 iPad.

subcons

I wouldn't buy an iPad right now... but an iTouch? It's on its 4th iteration and it's seeing some significant improvements with this current release. I see no reason to put off buying one now if you're considering a purchase. I use mine mostly for music and looking something up on the internet while sitting on the couch, but the apps/games are a nice bonus.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Figured I'd bump this one up since the last one turned into a Casey thread.

I asked the Cave_US Twitter account if they knew if the newest Ipod Touch could run their games. They told me that they have no idea because it's not out in Japan and to try to demo to see if it works. I'm not planning on buying a touch, yet, so if anybody has gotten one could you see if the game works on the 8 gig version? I really hope I don't have to pony up more money to play certain games.

Dinodoedoe

Bub & Bob's Bub,
20 Year Member
From my understanding, all new iPod touches as of last year can run Cave games.

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I believe the 8gb models from last year cannot run it, but the 16gb and up can.

subcons

I believe the 8gb models from last year cannot run it, but the 16gb and up can.

I think they axed the 16GB model. The 3Gs were sold as 8, 32, and 64GB models. Only the 32 and 64 can run Cave's games.

I'm willing to bet the new 8GB will run their games, but you just have to wait and see.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Somebody over on Twitter saw what I wrote and said this,

the new 8GB iPods can run Cave games, they're 4th gen devices. The previous 8GB ones were 2nd gen (32 and 64 were 3rd gen)

I wonder if they'll let me try the demo version at my local Apple Store before I take the plunge.