Devil's Crush vs. Dragon's Fury

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I was just wondering what are the main differences between these games. I've never had a Turbo Grafx or a Pc Engine, but I have always heard alot about Devil's Crush being one of the best video Pinball games ever, I have never played it.

I first played Dragon's Fury on a Genesis emulator for DC. The rom said DRAGONFU and I thought it was going to be a Kung Fu game so I loaded it up. I only had to play it once to get hooked. I found myself playing it more than any of my real Dreamcast games. Many moons later I was searching through the Genesis games for sale at Video Wine Party, a liquor store/video rental store and found a complete copy of this game for $2 complete with a sticker on the cart that says Liquor Video (No copy of Dragon's Fury is really complete without this sticker). I bought it and have been playing the shit out of it for years now.

Then one day about a year ago or so, I was looking at screen shots of Devil's Crush and I realized that it was pretty much the same game as Dragon's Fury. Does anyone know what the differences are between these two titles. Which came first, and why was it renamed. If I should ever have a tg16 or pce, would it be worth picking up this title for it hefty price tag if I already have Dragon's Fury?

What do you guys feel about these two titles. Also, in your own opinion, do Alien's Crush for TG and Dragon's Revenge for GEN compare to this game/s?

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94

Ukyo's Doctor
Wow, a pretty funky coincidence that a thread about Dragon's Fury should crop up as I've only just recently found out what the games was called and have been trying to get hold of a copy (I owned it yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaars ago, but could not for the life of me remember the name, so I typed "megadrive pinball" into google to see what would crop up).

Anyhow, I've never heard of Devils Crush, so can't really comment, but Dragons Fury is one of the best pinball games ever, and Dragon's Revenge was pretty awsome too, although can't recall whether it was better or worse, as I'd only borrowed, never owned it, but from what little I remember, it wqas more of the same, but with different backgrounds etc, and highly enjoyable.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
cool, at least somebody knows what I'm talking about here. Kudos to you sir. BTW I also found out that there is annother game in the series that I have never heard of before. Its called Jaki Crush and its on Super Famicom. I want to get that one to check it out.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Dragon's Fury is just the US version of Devil's Crash MD, the Technosoft-programmed version of Devils Crash on the PCE.

There was Alien Crush, which appeared on the PCE/TG-16.
This was the first game in the series.

Devil's Crash was the second.

Jaki's Crush is the third game, appearing only on SFC.

IMHO, Devil's Crash MD on MegaDrive is the best title of the series.
Excellent music (better than PCE), tighter physics and better art.
The US version was also heavily censored (they removed pentagrams, crosses, and other religious imagery deemed too offensive for the US market).

I love this series, it's always been a favorite of mine.

Probably because the first video game I EVER played was Video Pinball on the 2600...I've always had a soft-spot for video pinball games.

Jaki's Crush is good too, better than AC but not Devil's Crash.
The physics are a bit spotty but there's some very bizarre demonic imagery.
Good music, but again I like Devil's Crash better.

Smiley

Quiz Detective
I've played roms of both games, and have only actually owned the tg16 cart awhile ago. And basically, I thought the tg one looked better but the mega drive one played better if that makes sense.

I do believe that www.sega-16.com or some variation of that has side by side comparisons of the two.

I don't recall the name but there was one made for the super famicom by the same company. I have played the rom of it and didn't think much of it.

eastyy

Quiz Detective
Dragons fury a great game

My dad collects pinball games for the megadrive and its easily one of the best (and even to this day )

I think the problem with most pinball games is they try to stay true to real life pinbal tables there is very little imagination.

A few did try something new psycho pinball/flipnic and dragons fury and thats why they were so good

Did not think much of dragons revenge thought it was pretty average

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
Are there two titles for JPN MD? Devil's Crash is one. What is the JPN version of Dragon's Revenge?

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
whoa, I forgot about this thread. Alien Crush is AWSOME! I bought a PC Engine Core a few weeks ago along with Alien Crush, and it is awsome. I figure this would be a good place to tell this. I kinda like it more than Dragon's fury, not the music though, just the way it plays. My highest score was something like 36 mil so far. It will be better in the future though. Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but a drunk mutherfuckers gotta do what hes gotta do... ya did I mean.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Devil's Crush for TG/PCE is the BEST, if anyone says otherwise I stick my fingers in my ears and go "lalalalala!"

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
beh3moth said:
Jaki Crush was wicked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :multi_co:

where can I find screens of this?

edit: nevermind....I was searching for Jaki's Crush...not Jaki Crush....found

Last edited:

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
J0e Musashi said:
Are there two titles for JPN MD? Devil's Crash is one. What is the JPN version of Dragon's Revenge?

I was under the impression that Dragon's Revenge was a pseudo-sequel made by Tengen themselves, kinda the pinball equivalent of Snake's Revenge for NES.
If someone knows otherwise, I'd love to know. But there's no JPN equivalent I don't think.

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94

Ukyo's Doctor
As luck would have it, I recently (ok, it was more like a month ago) played Jaki Crush, but I dont think it compares to Devils crush/crash from what I played of it, thjere just seemed as if something was missing. Might just be me being lame though :lolz:

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
GENOCIDE CUTTER '94 said:
As luck would have it, I recently (ok, it was more like a month ago) played Jaki Crush, but I dont think it compares to Devils crush/crash from what I played of it, thjere just seemed as if something was missing. Might just be me being lame though :lolz:

Yeah, Jaki crush does have an 'unfinished' feel about it, but it has some cool sub tables and an interesting 'demonic' theme.

I actually prefer this over Dragon Crush (and Alien Crush), even though they are both technically more polished games.

I just rmemeber the demon at the start saying "JAK CRUSHHH" :kekeke: