Definitive List of post SNK releases for Neo Geo AES?

DreamTR

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I am not sure if there is a definitive list in one place but I have not seen one. Trying to to find out what they all are in order to help fellow collectors that may not know.

I know that the releases I can think of specifically:

Treasures of the Carribean
Bang Bang Busters

Gunlord
XYX
Fast Striker
Last Hope
Last Hope Pink Bullets

Zupapa (NGF)

Crossed Swords II
Knight's Chance

Also, wasn't there a company who did Breaker's Revenge and other Visco releases?

I'll update this with corrections as they are posted.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
N.C.I. is the name of the company that did Bang Busters, (genuine Proto controlled community release), then Treasure of the Caribbean (homebrew hack release) and then nothing since but rehash. (like breakers revenge & ganryu)

Same as NGF (zupapa) that you listed, that's not post SNK. It was during. Also, it had a 100% official MVS release, by SNK. So it doesn't count anymore or less then any other game they released.

Last edited:

DreamTR

Kuroko's Training Dummy
N.C.I. is the name of the company that did Bang Busters, (genuine Proto controlled community release), then Treasure of the Caribbean (homebrew hack release) and then nothing since but rehash. (like breakers revenge & ganryu)

Same as NGF (zupapa) that you listed, that's not post SNK. It was during. Also, it had a 100% official MVS release, by SNK. So it doesn't count anymore or less then any other game they released.

Thanks Billy for the help!

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Neogeo is a mess when it comes to "console" vs. arcade. As you meant home system releases in your post. I got confused. Here's some I know about:

Vektorlogic -- UK homebrew developers for MVS only. (super bubble pop)
Neo Bitz -- USA homebrew developers for home & MVS. (Knights Chance)
Neo Dev Group -- German homebrew developers for home & MVS. (many titles)

Also many other people too: (but what is official in homebrew world?)

Sebastian Mihai -- Neo Thunder
NGF Dev Inc. -- Time's Up
Neo Home Brew . Com - Santa Ball
Etc.

(no ones ever really asked or cared to list & organize them all. So it's really maybe about time for those that are curious & interested?)

Last edited:

DreamTR

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I strictly mean AES released games. Are those other ones released?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
what do you mean by "post SNK"? SNKP?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
what do you mean by "post SNK"? SNKP?

That's what I thought he meant from the thread title, but it's clear he means titles released on AES after the Neo was no longer officially supported.

Jockey grandprix is a bootleg, but it's a post AES era release.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Don't forget that Ironclad saw a semi-official release from SNK themselves when the MVS/Home System ROM showed up on the Wii Virtual Console :D

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Don't forget that Ironclad saw a semi-official release from SNK themselves when the MVS/Home System ROM showed up on the Wii Virtual Console :D

I wish Ironclad had an official release besides NGCD back in the day or conversions. A shmup from the developers of Stakes Winner?? Umm, hell yeah! :D

Last edited: