Decisions, decisions... which one to get?

Cnidarian

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Please help me out here...

I have decided to trade in some of my older KoFs for one of the newer, millenium King of Fighters, and I would like some opinions on which one to go for.

So far, all the games(mostly fighters) in my small collection are below the '99 mark. So I want to try one of the later titles.

I have a deal for a KoF 2K, which I can get soon, or I can get the money from my games and save up to get 2K1 or 2K2, much later.

Which game should I get?

I WILL own all these games eventually, but by trading or selling them off I can get to play more titles immediately.

And these are NGH homecarts, I almost forgot to mention.

I would appreciate any recommendations.

<small>[ March 08, 2003, 03:17 AM: Message edited by: Cnidarian ]</small>

vishema

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Get either 2k2 or 2000 (in that order) both of them: buttrock buttrock

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
Make sure you nab that KOF2000, it's streets ahead of 2k1 and 2k2.

Widowmaker

New Challenger
It will be better off if you keep your older KoF titles as they are more fun to play with, when compared with 2000 or 2K2.

But if you are real desperate to play the newer KoF series, 2K2 will be a nice choice.

Cnidarian

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Yeah, I'm beginning to gravitate towards the 2K2...

Thanks for your thoughts, guys.

@widowmaker: Well I'm not desperate for the newer titles, I just want to play as many games in the series as I can, I'm a big fan.

Plus the ones I'm getting rid of are incomplete, so they kind of stick out from my collection.

I'm not too fond of the striker system in KoF, it seems out of place to me, but I do want to see what all the commotion is about for the latest ones.

Cnidarian

Over Top Auto Mechanic
OK, new question.

Which of the millenium KoFs(2K,2K1,2K2) is the most fun for a one-player solo game?

Because I rarely get to play my friends, so most of the time its like that for me. :(

I really liked the older Kofs for their cool storylines involving Orochi, it made me want to beat the game with every character. Which of the three latest ones are good for that?

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Go for 2K since it was the last one produced by SNK.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
Any of them should entertain.

Do you like the Striker system?? If so, 2000 or 2001 should suffice. (Were there strikers in 2000??? Dont remember exactly.)

My personal preference would be 2002.

Cnidarian

Over Top Auto Mechanic
leepantalone:
Any of them should entertain.

Do you like the Striker system?? If so, 2000 or 2001 should suffice. (Were there strikers in 2000??? Dont remember exactly.)

My personal preference would be 2002.
No, I actually dislike the strikers...

The three games with the strikers are: '99, 2K, and 2K1.

Though I'm sure they will all keep me busy, I can only have one for a while. So that's why I'm not sure...

I like the artwork in 2K the most though, it looks much more conventional and nicer than the bizarre 2K1 and 2K2.

jeff_mangum

Geese's Thug
If you're playing by your lonesome, get King of Fighters 2002. If you're playing with friends all the time, get King Of Fighters 2002. If you have a cat or dog, get King of Fighters 2002.

You get my drift. tickled

vishema

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Hmmmmm.............

Ok if you wanna play with King, Juhn, Kasumi and The srticker system at its best get 20000 :)
But if you want to play with Foxy, Heidern, Xianfei, Bao, a fair stricker system and a super powerful Kim glee get 2001 shame
But if you want to play with Vice, Shermie, Mature, Yashiro, Yamazaki, Chris, Billy, Max mode(weeeeeeXD) and a Super powerful Kim glee get 2k2 buttrock

Sancho

Cheng's Errand Boy
vishema:
Hmmmmm.............

Ok if you wanna play with King, Juhn, Kasumi and The srticker system at its best get 20000 :)
But if you want to play with Foxy, Heidern, Xianfei, Bao, a fair stricker system and a super powerful Kim glee get 2001 shame
But if you want to play with Vice, Shermie, Mature, Yashiro, Yamazaki, Chris, Billy, Max mode(weeeeeeXD) and a Super powerful Kim glee get 2k2 buttrock
I agree totally KOF 2k striker system ROCKS buttrock Infinites with Seth and vanessa as my striker, Ralf/clark and Joe or Ramon as the strikers. Just madness not to mention your strikers save you from unexpected DMS/SDMS sometimes if your timing is right

Halox

Belnar Institute Student
Damn, now I want to go buy 2001....*holds eyes so not to read anymore of the greatness*

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
I just got 2K, and dear god is there a lot of strikers. It adds so much to it. The amount of combos is amazing. I was having this same problem as you a few weeks ago, and damn I'm glad I chose 2k.