Dark Mist (PSN)

thund3rs

Rugal's Thug
this game has just come out on playstation network, and i was thinking about getting it as it marks a few boxes of mine:

1. It looks cute and has anime style characters

2. Dungeon shooter with lots of enemys and bosses

3. I think it has coop.. or some form of online play

well see what you think.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAZv7IKYQjs

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Holy shit, dude, no save system and no level select. I was all about heading home to DL this until I read that on the Eurogamer review.

I think I'm going to have to say no thanks due to that, though. Seriously, what the hell was Game Republic thinking to make a design decision like that?

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
jro said:
Holy shit, dude, no save system and no level select. I was all about heading home to DL this until I read that on the Eurogamer review.

I think I'm going to have to say no thanks due to that, though. Seriously, what the hell was Game Republic thinking to make a design decision like that?

Yeah, but how long is it? It looks like a souped up Twinkle Tale or something.

I don't have a PS3, but if I did I'd definitely check this one out. Does anyone know if it's possible to buy this through PSN without a PS3 to play on the PSP?

EDIT: I was just scanning some reviews and it looks like the emphasis on this game is scoring, just like any arcade shooter. So most of the reviews aren't favoring it obviously. This particular reviewer seemed to like it though. He mentions there are 12 levels... doesn't say how long they are though. He also said this:

You can play individual levels that you have unlocked in the story mode (which is more levels strung together than a story)

Not quite clear what that means. Also, I guess this isn't a true shooter as it sounds like you can wander back and forth in the level. Is this correct.

At any rate, sounds like a cool little game.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Eh, I believe it's only out in the European PSN Store as of right now, regardless of any little niggles... I logged on yesterday to see if there was at least a free demo, and it's not up on the U.S. store yet.

Curious to try it out- at this point, I'm assuming that yes, it must be about scoring, though it also looks a little more like a longer-type game, more of a dungeon crawler where you would need a save system to be able to come back and actually beat the thing.

Dunno, that's why I'd really like a demo, I guess. Ah, well, if the price is right I could be suckered when it finally comes over here, regardless.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I think it looks pretty good. I would pick it up if it was in the US PSN Store.

From watching the video, I was unclear if there is a two player mode or not.

Anyone know if there is a local two player mode?

EDIT:I read that there is an expansion pack out (maybe just Japan so far) that allows you the ability to save and for four player co-op. I don't know how accurate that is though.

Is it pretty easy to set up a European or Japan account to dl stuff fromt the PSN?

Last edited: