Daemonclaw - new MD, NG game

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Looks okay, hope it's gonna be more arcade-ish, Demons of Asteborg and Astebros are nice but all the RPG elements and backtracking have a huge impact on replayability for me. I need something more... ...stupidly fun.

EDIT:

Take Metal Dragon for example, it's the one MD pro-brew game I play the most. Good fast-paced fun, Slug-meets-Contra-meets-MERCS, very challenging and great for score hunts, good graphics, hilariously bad cutscenes, they don't take themselves too seriously except for the game itself which is technically more or less flawless. Just the stuff I like.

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I'm not watching that video now but from the thumbnail it has better artwork than some Neo-Goobo games. Interesting.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
I’m debating getting the AES or Mega Drive version. I’m leaning towards Mega Drive…

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
They sell rom versions of the Genesis games, so hopefully they do the same for Neo Geo right off the bat. It would save all of us a lot of time and money if we can jump straight to a rom file we can play on our hardware of choice instead of pre-ordering more carts.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
They sell rom versions of the Genesis games, so hopefully they do the same for Neo Geo right off the bat. It would save all of us a lot of time and money if we can jump straight to a rom file we can play on our hardware of choice instead of pre-ordering more carts.
I ordered the MEga Drive version. it should include a rom for Neo Geo which I can play on my Multicart

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
Looks solid for a genesis game. Little more animation would help it shine, but as is, it seems on par with most of what came out in the 90s.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
The game reminds me Magic Sword (マジックソード).

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
9e5Gic1dfdyx.gif

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I’m debating getting the AES or Mega Drive version. I’m leaning towards Mega Drive…

Are they doing anything extra for the AES version or is it just an MD conversion?
The crowdfunding is doing fine, so I will just wait until retail to make a decision.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Are they doing anything extra for the AES version or is it just an MD conversion?
The crowdfunding is doing fine, so I will just wait until retail to make a decision.
The Neo Geo port is handled by a different team. So just a port with extras

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
The Neo Geo port is handled by a different team. So just a port with extras
Yeah. Definitely a wait and see then. Not their fault, but I think XenoCrisis has made me more cautious about these NG versions of MG games.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I think if you're expecting a bunch of better features for the Neo version you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. If you think of it more like an MD game that happens to also be on the Neo without a lot of extras you'll be fine. You have to be someone who just appreciates that there's a Neo version. The SNES is already shaping up to get a better version of Xeno Crisis than the Neo did.