Cyborg Force, new 2023 project

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
The opening to the first level has the character flying down to the ground in a ship. I got reminded of it with the descending to martian service intro. Since Halloween Harry was an influence I just wanted to check about this other game from the same era 😄
Getting shot down at the beginning has to be inspired by Contra Hard Corps.

Johnny16Bit

Camel Slug
For the ones that have bought the game, Do you recommend it? it will be my first hombrew ^^

We've had very few reviews, and they range from 6/10 to 10/10 so far.
In short, people generally say the music is +, and graphics are -, which is something you can easily appreciate yourself in the various videos posted :)

The divisive bit is the difficulty, and the how the gameplay actually needs to get familiar with, on pain of repeated, humiliating deaths :keke:

We tried to make it so it plays like an arcade game of the early 1990s, for good and bad; not like a modern game on an old system... One player was very angry that you couldn't credit feed the game to the end (as spending a credit respawns you at the beginning of a level). Another one said it was too easy for "serious players". So honestly, it's really down to what you're expecting. If you're not sure, you can try out the PC version, it's the cheapest of the bunch; it will even be up on Steam on May 6th with 15% off.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
... One player was very angry that you couldn't credit feed the game to the end (as spending a credit respawns you at the beginning of a level). Another one said it was too easy for "serious players".
Game difficulty in 2024 in a nutshell. Most are too lazy to "git gud" and the few who actually play games are busy shaming everyone else.

alemany89

n00b
We've had very few reviews, and they range from 6/10 to 10/10 so far.
In short, people generally say the music is +, and graphics are -, which is something you can easily appreciate yourself in the various videos posted :)

The divisive bit is the difficulty, and the how the gameplay actually needs to get familiar with, on pain of repeated, humiliating deaths :keke:

We tried to make it so it plays like an arcade game of the early 1990s, for good and bad; not like a modern game on an old system... One player was very angry that you couldn't credit feed the game to the end (as spending a credit respawns you at the beginning of a level). Another one said it was too easy for "serious players". So honestly, it's really down to what you're expecting. If you're not sure, you can try out the PC version, it's the cheapest of the bunch; it will even be up on Steam on May 6th with 15% off.

For sure i will buy it Johnny, thanks for the tip about taking first the pc version and then jumping to other platforms, thats the approach that i will take.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
One player was very angry that you couldn't credit feed the game to the end (as spending a credit respawns you at the beginning of a level).
that's the kind of brainlet that claims all arcade games are coin munchers and the same thing as modern microtransactions