Custom Metal Slug Shock Box Insert

jocappy

Another Striker
Got it! Looks AWESOME! Thanks Mr Wizard for creating it! And BB for helping get it done! Joe

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
jocappy said:
"Make sur your printer is on and Print that area to 8 1/2 X 14 paper."

So it will not work with 8.5x11 paper? Joe

EDIT: I CANT see the spine line./..
Yeah, 8 1/2 X 11 should be cool...
My spine begins at the seams of the case,I don't think Mr.Wizard's does...
Your spine needs to start & end at the seams.
What are the dimensions of that insert?? I have'nt DL'ed it yet..
What is the image size of teh whole insert???

If his dimensions match mine (15.127) inches in width and (9.203) in height,
The back and front cover should have a pixel width of 2006 (6.687 inches)and the spine should have a pixel width of 526. The height should be 2761 pixels for each piece (9.203 in height)

Mr. Wizard

Angel's Love Slave
I think my front and back cover are off by 1/8 of an inch each. The distance from each side of the insert to the edge of each side of the box is 1/4" inch which is the same at the top but the bottom has a 1/8" space to the edge. I'll be sure to address this problem and fix it if needed. I guess let me know what you think BB.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Mr. Wizard said:
I think my front and back cover are off by 1/8 of an inch each. The distance from each side of the insert to the edge of each side of the box is 1/4" inch which is the same at the top but the bottom has a 1/8" space to the edge. I'll be sure to address this problem and fix it if needed. I guess let me know what you think BB.
Your total width should be no less than 15.127 (15 1/8) = 7 9/16 for each cover and no greater than 15.250 (15 1/4) = 7 5/8 for each cover.

-BB

Mr. Wizard

Angel's Love Slave
The insert measures 15.003" by 9.257" which is a little out of whack. Is this tolorable¿

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Yes,it's abit out of whack.
The maximum height should be 9.250 (9 1/4 inches) ,after that,the insert will extend beyond the display window plastic.
The width should be greater than 15 inches in order to fill out the case aas much as possible.
I see myself maxing out on the width but i have to get my *** over to Kinkos soon just to perfect this.
What i'm going to do in my case is create a new canvas with the dimensions of 9.203 as the height and 15.25 as the width,then copy and paste a flattened illustartion so that the template logo,meg counts and stripes canstay the same proportion. I'll just be adding 1/16 to the front cover and 1/16 to the back cover.
-BB

Mr. Wizard

Angel's Love Slave
I've gotten it to fit height wise but just barely. I'll probably reduce height by an 8th" and increase width by 3/8s".

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Okay this is what I did with my template.
I created a new canvas with a size of 15.25 inches(4575 pixels) in width and
9.203 inches(2761 pixels) in height.
My original template spine is 1.753 (526 pixels) in width already so I cut that dimension from the new canvas and paste it back into the canvas a different cover,I am left with
6.75 inches(2025 pixels) for my back cover and the same dimension for my front cover. The Front and back cover get aligned onto the new canvas 1st because it's easier and then I fit the spine cutout right in between.
Next i paste a flattened insert image to the new canvas and line up the spine with my spine cutout(background) and basically grab each part from the original template ligning them evenly with the flattened image.this would be the meg count areas,the stripes ,SNK logo and the Neo Geo logo w/ black bacground giving them their own layers once again and I'm done the new template without changing the proportions of that stuff to keep in line with the previous inserts created by myself.
-BB

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Okay, I got these in the email and I'll try to get them uploaded tommorow.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Place them in the directory and I will update the page.
I'll place his work altogether as long as it's okay with you.
-BB