CRT brightness questions (w/pics)

Marek

Banned
Hello. Just bought a cab off another member here and he said he'd never fucked with the monitor settings so I thought I'd see what yall think.

First off heres the diagram for the layout of the board itself. It wasnt blurry on my phone, idk what happened, but you get the gist.

Yt7lcgT.jpg

The wires emanate from this area

RA1gFBY.jpg

Closer view, brightness is on the right hand side. Id get the lettering in a pic but the wires are pretty tighly drawn and I want to avoid moving them too much.

FMf9F63.jpg

All the wires in question are sent to this smaller board, mounted on the side of the cab space

2kCOdvf.jpg

Thanks for taking a look! All input, trolling included, is welcome.

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
What are the questions?

How to increase the brightness, since none of these dials are explicitly labeled as such. Since the text on the board itself says "brightness" I'm not sure which ones to fuck with and dont want to do anything that would fuck the thing up.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
I wonder why some of those potentiometers were removed and rerouted to that smaller board? The only ones I'd say to mess with is "BLK LEVEL" and "CONTRAST"

If you've got a solid picture, avoid touching the others.

Marek

Banned
I wonder why some of those potentiometers were removed and rerouted to that smaller board? The only ones I'd say to mess with is "BLK LEVEL" and "CONTRAST"

If you've got a solid picture, avoid touching the others.

Ok thats what I was leaning towards, but I wanted to at least ask

Thanks. I looked at that little pentometer mini board and from the look of it the gray wire I think emanates from the "brightness" writing on the main board ends up there.