Creed-a spinoff of Rocky

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I'm guessing that Apollo would come in a flashback that was never seen in previous movies like just personal moments between him and Balboa. It could have worked.

Or reprise his role like in Happy Gilmore, Rocky's Happy place.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Apollo Creed is the greatest, that fucking kid cannot possibly be Apollo's son, he doesn't have the Apollo vibe, just poor casting. I hope the movie is good though, I truly enjoyed the last Rocky, but I'm biased 'cause I'm a Rocky fan, I even liked Rocky V, it's co-written with the screen writer from the first movie, which is why you get that feel from the old days back, so good, so gritty and unpolished. The movie wasn't perfect but no Rocky movie is perfect since the first one, the first one will always be my favorite. I actually rank the Rocky movies in chronological order, first being the best and the sequel coming in close, the rest I'm pretty impartial about, their all about the same level for me, although the 3rd had a great score and Clubber Lang is awesome!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The interesting thing for my tastes is that both of my top two antagonists were both in movies with Stallone. Mr. T as Clubber Lang and Wesley Snipes as Simon Phoenix. I was really hoping that Snipes was going to be the villain in Expendables 3 as I loved his ass-kicking trash talking character in Demolition Man.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I love Demolition man but that ending where Spartan freezes the metal claw thing but somehow doesn't freeze his arms is really stupid

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Definitely seeing Creed in a theater. gf is a huge fan of the series.

come on, bearded rocky training was pretty good, too. Here's a montage with "Burning Heart" in the background...

Can't see it, but I really dig this one.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Definitely seeing Creed in a theater. gf is a huge fan of the series.

come on, bearded rocky training was pretty good, too. Here's a montage with "Burning Heart" in the background...
That's "Hearts on Fire" kid. "Burning Heart" is a survivor song and although Hearts on Fire is ok, Burning Heart is the best thing that movie got, also the score is pretty decent.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
yo, EG, I'm not (that) stupid. The video I posted has "Burning Heart" in the Background, which makes the montage that much more epic compared to the more sissy "Hearts on Fire"-Track by John Cafferty (not to be confused with the Hammerfall song). And I agree, the Survivor song is the best thing about that movie.

Here's the Link I posted earlier again, hope you can all see it now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxs1MHw2_Ds

Wesley Snipes as Simon Phoenix
Hell yeah.

only good part of IV
best montage evar

That's the montage that set the standard for all other montages...
I am down for this, I do wish they somehow made a Creed Side Story movie.. like Creed Gaiden...
Is Carl Weathers still in good shape to make another film? Love those 80s action movies/stars...

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
OK, your first video post had Hearts on Fire, dunno what to tell you.

As for Simon Phoenix, well I'm a huge Wesley Snipes guy, I love him. I play with DJ on HDR, every color is a different Wesley Snipes character.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
It does not. When you quote it, you'll find the same video in it I linked later.

See here:
Spoiler:
mQjnrGp.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
lol, I'll look in detail once I have time to divulge into this very transcendental concern...not.

Hammerfall Crimson Thunder is a great album btw.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member

As for Simon Phoenix, well I'm a huge Wesley Snipes guy, I love him. I play with DJ on HDR, every color is a different Wesley Snipes character.
Does not matter what pants you where can't beat my orange undie gief.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Rocky IV is great. Soviets are second only to Nazis as far as Hollywood badguys go. Dolph Lundgren is insane and Brigitte Nielsen is hot as fuck in that movie I'd bang her through her shoulder padded 80's fem power suit.

The only thing I miss about the USSR was the bizzaro alternate dimension they played to the United States in all things. I find that shit fascinating.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Best part of Rocky IV was Apollo coming down with James Brown on the back ground, that's how you make an entrance!

Rocky IV was garbage though, too much bullshit but for a kid like me at the time that was the best!

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member

Don't forget to get your Catfish at Church's.