Cool Metal Slug clone

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
With me being a huge fan of diving games (Dolphin's dream ect...) really hope this becomes a fully fledged game, I love the diver aspect of the characters.

doaal

Marked Wolf
Game got a halloween update. So far I'm really impressed. Keeps the sprit of Metal Slug but has just enough of its own identity.

The scoring system punishes you for missing a single shot which I hope can be adjusted, but it's already proving more interesting than playing for score in Slug.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
"and pays homage to the lost 1995 prototype of Metal Slug: SV-001 with its gameplay, artstyle, detailed animations and jazz-fusion music."

:spock:

What lost prototype? And why even specify lost prototype?

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
The only "proto" I can think of with Slug 1 is the original version of the game that stared the SV-001 as the main character - which is the version of the game that purportedly bombed in its original location test which led to the 11th hour rework into the game we know today and the inclusion of Marco and Tarma.

More here:
That said, outside of those players in Japan at the location test, I don't think anyone has ever played the location test code? Still, if this fan homage to MS is supposed to be like the original "prototype" then some sort of vehicle should have been the main character? 🤷‍♂️

Koopa64

Sieger's Squire
a homage so good it looks like a rom hack of a metal slug game.

not that that's a bad thing at all, looks great. here's hoping for a switch port..