Consolizing a MV-1C power question

bwi

20 Year Member
Hey guys

After reading Xians guide for doing this, do i just need the 5v without any mod to the board to the board.

In the past i did my 2 slot and obviously had to do some small modding to get it to run via 5v only.

Also I have a small laptop type PSU with a rating of

Input 100-240v~50-60hz, 05.A
Output 5v 4.0A

only after that it says fot I.T.E use only. Not really sure what that means.

XeD

Super Sidekicks 2
On a MV-1C all you need is 5V supply. That netbook (I'm assuming) psu should work. Just pay attention what is the positive pin and wire your power jack accordingly

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
On a MV-1C all you need is 5V supply. That netbook (I'm assuming) psu should work. Just pay attention what is the positive pin and wire your power jack accordingly

Not entirely correct. The board needs 12V to run the audio amplifier, so if you feed it with just 5V, it will produce sound from its internal chips, but you will have to tap the signal from a little chip on the right side to hear anything. If you feed it with 5V and 12V, the audio will come out of the JAMMA edge (but only in mono).

Regards.

bwi

20 Year Member
Yeah, plus if i tap from the chip i get stereo according to Xians site.

It was just a nice small psu i found that could deliver the amps i wanted,hence double checking here

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Yeah, plus if i tap from the chip i get stereo according to Xians site.

Correct. Also, the amplifier and other components can be removed once you tab the stereo signal. Your board will no longer work on a cabinet (no audio via JAMMA edge) but if it's consolized, it will use less space, making the process easier.

Regards.

bwi

20 Year Member
looks like im on the right path then, thanks for the help man