Competition at the arcade :)

david

Edo Express Delivery Guy
That's right. I have never seen anyone play the neo Geo here at my school. 2 days ago I was going to play 1 round of ko97 before heading back to my dorm room and bam, someone was there playing the machine, I though I was the only person who ever puts coin into that machine. So I waited for him to get done and he looked at me and said you could put in your coin, then we can challenge. In my mind I was like cocky ass bastard, he talked to me like i was a new player to kof. So in went the quarter, he chose his people and I choose my usual of Kyo, Terry and Ryo. His ass was whoop with my 1st person. And not only with that quarter alone I beat him, I also beat the damn game. I felt good :)

KingOfAngels

King's Dry Cleaner
Just hope your only competition(by what you said not ) get discouraged and stop playing... very_ang

Cnidarian

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Why did you wait for him to finish playing?

One of the main reasons I play arcade machines is for the human competition.

If I wanted to play the game on my own, I would just stay home and play my AES...

david

Edo Express Delivery Guy
No, you misunderstood me, it was a human competition, when he told me to put in the quarter so we could challenge, that's what I did. I whoop some ass. :)

Cnidarian

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Oh, OK, I thought you said you waited for him to finish so you could have your turn to play.

Yeah, that makes more sense!

Cool... :cool:

So, did you get any more challengers or was he the only one?

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
I love some good competition.Some people at my arcade area are weird.When they see someone very weak at the game playing, they would immediately challenge them just to kick their ass.Seems like they hate playing against a tough opponent.
And when they see someone really good playing, they would just keep their distance and watch that player do his stuff.After that player complete the game, they would then put their quaters in to play the game.It seems that their reason is to just get a chance to touch that new game and try and complete it as soon as they can, heh.I may be wrong...
I would usually challenge anyone and just try my best.If no one challenges me, i would just beat the game and either go off or try other games.

<small>[ February 22, 2003, 06:51 AM: Message edited by: Devil_Gans ]</small>

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
I've only ever played someone once at the arcade at KOF, it was KOF2002, and I got my ass handed to me on a plate. My opponent was even using the taunts, it was humiliating. At least it was two candycabs linked together so I didn't have to actually see the face of the person who decimated me.

lol, from now on I'm gonna stay at home and play my AES either by myself or with my girlfriend (I can at least beat her)!

Muchiko

Mr. Big's Thug
Most of the time at school, I just wait for people to finish with their games and just play the computer. Because I know for a fact that there's no competition at school, you'll have to go to Chinatown for that. Plus, I wouldn't think anyone else at school have time to play more KOF than myself, 'cuz they're studying, duh... except for me of course.

I just play computer for fun, cuz there's nothing else I want to do at school. But at the moment, I'm thinking of getting a laptop so I can use the school's T3 line to play on Kaillera instead. Muhahaha.

Alkanan

Sakura's Bank Manager
I used to have plenty of healthy competition but since they closed Southern Hills Golfland down I have only been able to play whatever games I own with my friends. crying

Muchiko

Mr. Big's Thug
Alkanan:
I used to have plenty of healthy competition but since they closed Southern Hills Golfland down I have only been able to play whatever games I own with my friends. crying
They moved to Camelot, yo, if you haven't realized. But it's kinda far. Most of the SHGL players move there. But there's still no KOF competition there anyway, nor was at SHGL. I just goto Arcade Infinity.

Bionic Lester

Cheng's Errand Boy
My favorite tale comes not from the arcade, but from the Gamestop where Luna Yagami works. I popped in to say hi and she had put Mark of the Wolves on the demo Dreamcast. While we were chatting 3 jock-ish high school punks showed up (as a not, I'm 24 and somewhat gothy). One of them started playing. So I walk up.

"Hey, you want some competition?" I say.

"Sure" he says, then very sternly "You'll go down".

He'd picked Terry who is my boy, so I do the same. After quickly figuring out who was who the fight began. I start off with a quick 5 hit combo involving a Power Dunk.

"Uh...ok" he goes, and I start the pain.

30 seconds later I have a perfect on him.

Before the announcer can say "Round 2" he's going out the door with his buddies who are laughing at him. His excuse to them is "I don't know how to play Nintendo."

Scoffing at the 'Nintendo' line I call over my shoulder "What was that about schooling me?"

The kicker is that I was taking it easy on him. I was very tempted to use a Buster Wolf on him, but I decided not to. In hindsight I wish I had.

Yeah, I probably drove him away from fighting games, but dammit it was worth it.

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Bionic Lester:
My favorite tale comes not from the arcade, but from the Gamestop where Luna Yagami works. I popped in to say hi and she had put Mark of the Wolves on the demo Dreamcast. While we were chatting 3 jock-ish high school punks showed up (as a not, I'm 24 and somewhat gothy). One of them started playing. So I walk up.

"Hey, you want some competition?" I say.

"Sure" he says, then very sternly "You'll go down".

He'd picked Terry who is my boy, so I do the same. After quickly figuring out who was who the fight began. I start off with a quick 5 hit combo involving a Power Dunk.

"Uh...ok" he goes, and I start the pain.

30 seconds later I have a perfect on him.

Before the announcer can say "Round 2" he's going out the door with his buddies who are laughing at him. His excuse to them is "I don't know how to play Nintendo."

Scoffing at the 'Nintendo' line I call over my shoulder "What was that about schooling me?"

The kicker is that I was taking it easy on him. I was very tempted to use a Buster Wolf on him, but I decided not to. In hindsight I wish I had.

Yeah, I probably drove him away from fighting games, but dammit it was worth it.
BUUUUSTAAAA WOOOLF

you shoulda unleashed it!

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
Since I`m a student living in Kyoto at the moment, anyone who`s played games in Japanese arcades can tell you that you get plenty of competition (and really good competition at that :) !) It`s good for me as it keeps me at a progressive level, ever trying old and new techniques to beat new and interesting players (and getting my arse handed to me as much as I hand it out usually :D !) With Ramon, Yamazaki and Angel at my fingertips (amongst others) I must continue to get better at KOF2002. 頑張ろう buttrock !

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Other than my roomy and friends I get no competition. Wish arcades still did well around here.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Bwahahaaahaha i visited a local laundrymat to see the mvs 4 slot there. Sam Sho 3 was being occupied by a dweeb. I dropped in a quarter and just absolutely slaughtered him (Slash Ukyo) with (Slash) Shizumaru. I mean it was sad that i connected the slayer move 3 times. No Mercy!! Too bad i never pulled off a kill :( . Yes I know this is in the kof forum, but kof is wtf here.

<small>[ March 05, 2003, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: Magnaflux ]</small>

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
There isn't much competition where I live every body sucks :( and they get thier asses kicked by me. smirk

paku-pakuNJ

New Challenger
Cnidarian:
Why did you wait for him to finish playing?

One of the main reasons I play arcade machines is for the human competition.

If I wanted to play the game on my own, I would just stay home and play my AES...
I agree...i don't get upset if i lose at the arcade...That's the only way you will really UP your game...by playing someone better than you...even though at this point...the machine is alot better than i am right now...lol help

Terry Power

Benimaru's Hairdresser
I also doesn't like to play with others in the arcarde, because I know there's no way I can win.
So far, I only won one person in the arcarde, the game is Marvel vs Capcom.