Comcept Gone Totally Silent On Mighty no.9

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Got the WiiU version because I thought there might be some neat functionality with the gamepad. There is none.

The biggest thing that pissed me off is that it runs at 30FPS. That's complete bullshit. This game doesn't stress the hardware that much going at all, so what's the deal? When I played to demo on Steam they pushed out to backers awhile back, it's was great! Smooth 60FPS, colorful, and fun! The water level was amazing.

I guess it's still fun, but the WiiU version looks like shit. I might even just pay the $20 for the PC version. On the right setup, it IS a good game.

But Mega Man 8 is better ;)

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
He's the Vince Russo of video games right now. With the right people filtering his ideas, I'm sure Mighty No. 9 would have been a better product. But unchecked, we can expect Mighty No. 9 on a pole matches.

Inafune needed someone to slap some sense into him.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Checked out the MN9 steam page. Under reviews it has the game listed as being "mixed". Yet if you scroll through the reviews, you see about 100 (or more) bad reviews for every positive one. Not sure how that qualifies as being "mixed" instead of "overwhelmingly negative" or "very negative". Not sure if Steam is just trying their best to sell some copies at full price before they have to slash the price.

I did notice one of the positive reviews started off by saying they've never had the pleasure of playing a Mega Man game before (WTF?! Why are you playing this shit BEFORE playing MM???!!). A review like that should probably be thrown out, since they have no idea what this game is being compared to.

Right now Shovel Knight is on sale for half the price as Mighty Number 9. If I want to play a Mega Man clone, I feel like Shovel Knight would probably be the way to go. At least people like that game.

Last edited:

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Checked out the MN9 steam page. Under reviews it has the game listed as being "mixed". Yet if you scroll through the reviews, you see about 100 (or more) bad reviews for every positive one. Not sure how that qualifies as being "mixed" instead of "overwhelmingly negative" or "very negative". Not sure if Steam is just trying their best to sell some copies at full price before they have to slash the price.

I did notice one of the positive reviews started off by saying they've never had the pleasure of playing a Mega Man game before (WTF?! Why are you playing this shit BEFORE playing MM???!!). A review like that should probably be thrown out, since they have no idea what this game is being compared to.

Right now Shovel Knight is on sale for half the price as Mighty Number 9. If I want to play a Mega Man clone, I feel like Shovel Knight would probably be the way to go. At least people like that game.

Shovel knight is so much more than a mega man clone...they did a great job with this one.

Meanwhile I've been playing Momodira: reverie under the moonlight. All metroidvania fans need to get this game NOW. I'm blown away by it.

Steam recommend it to and it was $10 so I bit. I highly recommend it.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Shovel knight is so much more than a mega man clone...they did a great job with this one.

Meanwhile I've been playing Momodira: reverie under the moonlight. All metroidvania fans need to get this game NOW. I'm blown away by it.

I gave that Momodora recommendation a shot, and it is indeed fantastic! Thanks for posting that up :)

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
I gave that Momodora recommendation a shot, and it is indeed fantastic! Thanks for posting that up :)

It's my new fave. Glad you like it! There's several of those games, but I guess this ones the gem. Why is this game not getting major coverage? No death match?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year

Just downloaded the 4 games. Looks like the first 3 don't support gamepads, so I'll skip em. I played about 15 minutes on the Reverie one, that one is really great so far! Graphically it reminds me of Cavestory, kinda. I cant wait to get deeper into this one!

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member

Goddamnit Steam!!!! Your sales are too good to pass up! Way too many games that I've had my eye on are on sale right now.

I might have to pick both of those games up before the 4th...... Not to mention the others I will inevitably purchase as well.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member

Damn, this game looks great! Does anyone know if the other games in the series are good? Also, has anyone played Rabi-Ribi? Looks moe AF but possibly good.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
If you want a Megaman'ish type game on Steam, check out A.R.E.S, it's a few years old, but its leaps and bounds better than this steaming pile of shit.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
This is the best Mega Man clone I've ever played.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender

I'd recommend the WiiU Shovel Knight, comes with a very thick manual, get the amiibo and you get 2 player co-op, and the game itself is just fun. I usually think when indies do the whole '8-bit retro look', its just an excuse for cheap graphics, Shovel Knight is retro done right, it has good aesthetics.

I wouldn't call it a mega man clone though.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Edit: Oops, made and error here, thought you were talking about 20X6 ("twenty exty six") from the Homestar Runner site. It's a little flash Mega Man parody.

Is homestar runner still a thing?

Last edited:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Thank god I read this thread before I purchased....

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Thank god I read this thread before I purchased....

Fortunately, I've already been burned on other kickstarters ( :lolz: ) so I intentionally passed this one up.

I told myself the last time I got burned that If a game developer is going to get my money it's gonna be based on merits, not promises.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I bought it the other day and put in around 20 minutes. Feels like Mega Man to me. I'm genuinely confused on the amount of hate this title is getting. I'm just not seeing it.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I'm on the same boat. I'm trying to unlock the achievements now.

Currently going through Hyper (very hard) mode, which is unlocked after beating the game once, and is different from the 1-hit kill mode. Genuinely hard and well designed.

I'm also keen on the "fine play" mechanics. It's basically a checklist of boss-specific requirements, where you need to exploit or avoid their attack pattern. Really nice touch.

There are tons of other mechanics and challenges.

fake

15 Year Member
I bought it the other day and put in around 20 minutes. Feels like Mega Man to me. I'm genuinely confused on the amount of hate this title is getting. I'm just not seeing it.

I don't doubt that the game blows, but I'm sure people get extra critical over games that are highly anticipated and then get delayed multiple times.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
to date I've only supported one kickstarter because of shit like this

my first and only to date was for the Miami Hotline 1 soundtrack release on vinyl ... but that seemed like a safe bet ... I hope :(

fake

15 Year Member
I don't think video games are the perfect match for crowdfunding. So I've only backed Shenmue III, and for only $5.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year

It was good.
But it's very very short. I didn't realize how short of a game it is. :(